Starting the weekend push

TallTayl

Got a good start to the weekend with a dozen each of 9 scents worth of tins or opening weekend July 9. Just waiting for them to cool enough to clean up, label and box.

Here's to more momentum for this weekend of predicted RAIN RAIN RAIN. only 40 scents to go. then the same in wax melts.

DSC_0170.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Got a good start to the weekend with a dozen each of 9 scents worth of tins or opening weekend July 9. Just waiting for them to cool enough to clean up, label and box.

Here's to more momentum for this weekend of predicted RAIN RAIN RAIN. only 40 scents to go. then the same in wax melts.

DSC_0170.JPG

DEAR GAWD WOMAN!!! HOW do you DO that? 

(Well, I'm impressed.) I was wondering when Faire started, I knew it had to be close. 

Having a big melter really helps. and a ton of BIG pouring pots. And looong work tops.

my melter can melt enough wax for 125 or so tins on each side so I 'could' make 250 in a session.

Tomorrow I'll make another 200 or so (as long as I have time to wick them all and cure the silicone. then the melters will be turned over to melts. then to the little dipped beeswax tapers. finally to the big beeswax candles. It gets really warm in this shop now :(

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/16/2017 at 11:16 PM, TallTayl said:

Having a big melter really helps. and a ton of BIG pouring pots. And looong work tops.

my melter can melt enough wax for 125 or so tins on each side so I 'could' make 250 in a session.

Tomorrow I'll make another 200 or so (as long as I have time to wick them all and cure the silicone. then the melters will be turned over to melts. then to the little dipped beeswax tapers. finally to the big beeswax candles. It gets really warm in this shop now :(

TT, I was just about to order some wick holders this week when I saw these pics. Ive heard you mention your clothes pins before in other posts but nver gave myself that mental image of how they are used. My gosh is that just pure genius and if you dont mind I think I will try this method before buying other more traditional ones! 

6 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I don't mind at all! So long as the opening of the container is smaller than the clothes pin it works brilliantly. 

Indeed they are smaller, almost like your tins but not quite. Thanks TT