Pink Grapefruit vs Grapefruit

jwahlton

What's the difference between pink grapefruit and regular grapefruit? My daughter found a pink grapefruit shower gel in Target today that smelled great. It doesn't smell like my regular one though and I was wondering the difference. And where is a good place to get a pink grapefruit that is good for both candles and soaps?

I am not sure the diff. in the regular grapefruit and the red grapefruit, maybe the degree of tartness. I tried several trying to get a good throw in my wax and only found one that I really liked. I haven't soaped it yet, but Fairy Dust & Twinkle Toes from CC throws like crazy in my soy (edited to add: this is a tart grapefruit FO).

I'm not 100% sure on this either, but I think Pink Grapefruit has a sweeter/fruiter aroma versus Grapefruit which is more tart. I know exactly the Pink Grapefruit your talking about. My daughter got some for Christmas from a friend and it is really nice.

WYW has an awesome Vanilla Grapefruit. It smells like a sweet pink grapefruit to me and throws extremely well in candles. I haven't tried it in B&B yet, but it's skin safe. It's different than the other grapefruit scents I've tried. It's not too tart, and not too sweet. I would definitely give it a try. :)