Plug for electric candles

I have asked a few that do these candles how to get the plug to stay in the candle and I have yet to grasp the concept. Would anyone that does the electric candles be willing to either PM me or post pics on this thread of the inside of their candle so I can see how the plug is placed in the candle? I would REALLLLLLLLLY appreciate it. Also does anyone put any type of material around the plug to keep it in place to re-enforce the prongs? THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU to anyone that can help me before it drives me over the edge :eek: !!

Paulette posted a how to on the old gallery. Here is the link. http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1106608205;start=0#0

As you can see the socket has prongs that hold it in place. Guess you could use a heat gun to melt the prongs into the wax. I used a small round cookie to make the hole in the bottom of the cane as soon as I poured out the wax.

Thanks for the link I would have NEVER found it as I searched for electric candles a few months ago to no avail.

I guess I'm blind and dumb as in the third pic I don't see where the prongs are :confused::confused: . That's my issue- do the prongs go inside and pushed into the bottom of the candle or do you put it up through the hole and leave the prongs in the hole?? (hope that makes sense).

The prongs are sitting in the hole opening. Think of them as spring loaded. Squeeze them to push the base through and prongs into the hole, then let go. They open up and grab onto the hole walls. At least that's how the plastic ones work. Metal ones could be pushed all the way through the hole then the prongs shoved back down into the wax floor if it's not too hard maybe. Hope this makes sense anyway ;)

The directions that came with my electric candle mold state that you can pour some wax down the center to hold the socket in place. It says to place the wax piece on foil, make sure you don't have the bulb in the socket and cover the socket opening so wax doesn't get inside the socket.

The directions that came with my electric candle mold state that you can pour some wax down the center to hold the socket in place. It says to place the wax piece on foil, make sure you don't have the bulb in the socket and cover the socket opening so wax doesn't get inside the socket.

I thought of filling in the hole also but I had a chandlier advise me not to because the wax would be to close to the socket. So I said whatta about a heat resistant caulk or Plaster of Paris and still "no". Thanks for the info as the directions that came w/ mine were so vague.

THANKS to EVERYONE :)