Please help ! Questions / issues with new wax

Okay, I finally decided to get over my weird fear of paraffin and I ordered Problend 600 parasoy from The Faming Candle. Got it like an hour ago and of course, I dove right in ? 

My issues are : As it melted, there were little popping noises and bubbles. What's the deal with that ? Is it the wax ? I've only use soy and palm so far.

Also : The temp went higher than recommended before the wax fully melted. I used the lowest setting ( I melt in a presto btw ) but I just turned it off to let it finish melting, then put it back on after a bit to speed things up. 

Was that the right thing to do or should I have done something else ? Should I have cut the wax into smaller chunks ? 

Any advice would be appreciated, be aide my smaller candles are hardening on top already and I think that this wax is sooo beautiful ! Perfectly smooth tops, such a nice change from pure soy

Popping sounds could be the wax. My soy and parasoy waxes did that. Or, the worst case scenario is moisture got on the wax and that can also make a popping sound. So check your wax to make sure its dry. If so, don't worry about it, some natural waxes make a sound like oil heating up and crackling/popping in a frying pan.

Does your wax come in slabs? Just cut them up in any old chunks. The size shouldn't matter except for when it comes to melting times. The smaller the chunks the faster it will melt.

I heat my parasoy up to 185-195 degrees F, then pour it into a pour pot to scent and color. Once it cools to about 175-185 I pour into my jars.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Popping sounds could be the wax. My soy and parasoy waxes did that. Or, the worst case scenario is moisture got on the wax and that can also make a popping sound. So check your wax to make sure its dry. If so, don't worry about it, some natural waxes make a sound like oil heating up and crackling/popping in a frying pan.

Does your wax come in slabs? Just cut them up in any old chunks. The size shouldn't matter except for when it comes to melting times. The smaller the chunks the faster it will melt.

I heat my parasoy up to 185-195 degrees F, then pour it into a pour pot to scent and color. Once it cools to about 175-185 I pour into my jars.

Great, this is immensely helpful, thank you sooo much !!

• Like 1