Air Purifier recommendations

Hey everyone,

Let me preface this by saying, I have never personally dealt with any affects of making batch after batch of candles. That being said... I'd prefer to be safe, especially when others may be around. After all, fragrance oils are chemicals.

So, I am looking to buy a really good air purifier for candle making area. I use good HVAC filters, but let's be honest.. they only do so much.

Does anyone currently use a good air purifier for this purpose and if so.. any recommendations?

Thanks

• Like 2

You can have a blue UV light system installed on your furnace - I don't remember what it's called I will have to look when I get home - it has done wonders for my house with dust and odors but it only filters when the fan is running on your furnace 

a portable air purifier I use this one 

GermGuardian AC5000E 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA Filter, UV-C Sanitizer, Allergen and Odor Reduction, 28-Inch Air Purifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KMILVG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1BV0ybM23AEE3

I keep this in the living room running all the time and ordered another for the basement because my doors are not seal proof when pouring even though the exhaust fan takes most out 

• Like 3

Crikey! 

Price: $539.00 Free Shipping for Prime Members

I'm thinking that as summer approaches, I may move my base of operations outside.

(Maybe the FOs will keep the raccoons away.)

Edited by Incendia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I just bought this one. It should be coming in the next couple of days. I bought it because it will clean my entire area and because it filters organic solvents, and most don't. I'll let you know how it goes!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C9RIACG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Holy price tag....let us know how it works please 

if I get one of those on top of everything else I have  I should be mega covered and able to burn whatever I want ??

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Incendia said:

I think you mean 'land of no water'. ;)

It is very nice here however. No doubt about it.

It's just that you get so many good hair days (says curly-haired person).

9 hours ago, moonshine said:

Holy price tag....let us know how it works please 

if I get one of those on top of everything else I have  I should be mega covered and able to burn whatever I want ??

It is expensive, but I think it's worth it. I would like to be able to breathe and not feel shitty for the rest of my life. It's a goal I have. Both my husband and daughter have had asthma in the past. Imagine them doing better only to have it come back? I'd feel like the worst person in the world. 

And yeah, Moonshine, you could burn a bunch of tires and some asbestos and be completely healthy! Yay!

• Like 1

I bought Honeywell air purifiers  with high fox ratings for several rooms in my home and shop. I bought the biggest ones I could for the shop that turn the air over 5 to 10 times an hour. It has made a noticeable difference.

I still need an exhaust hood though. Open windows do not conform to GMP.  Open windows introduce pollen, dust and bugs to the room. Not to mention humidity another air pollutants. The air does need to be turned over and freshened though!

all of this fresh air in the house and I still end up with head colds and chest colds from all the darn dust and mold spores

in the yard LOL.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

I ended up buying this one last night. Works for large rooms, few different intensity settings.

Not sure how well these things combat airborn elements from FOs but it could only help right?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell-HEPA-465-sq-ft-Allergen-Remover-HA300BHD/204390560

That is what I use in my shop. I noticed an immediate difference in air quality. When people enter the shop they no longer fan over their faces from fumes, lol. Turbo is a great setting.

• Like 2

I leave mine on pretty high most of the time. Those little oil dribbles on the bottles offgas for a long while. (Another good reason to keep all of the oil bottles contained in something that can be cleaned periodically.)

@glasllyn that machine is a thing of beauty. I think you will notice quite an improvement in air quality. 

• Like 1