Glass Frustration...

Can anyone recommend a straight sided tumbler glass with a diameter of 3" or under, the has lids available.  Also it would be nice if the glass came in two heights (i.e. 8oz + 12oz sizes).

I have tried libbey 13oz heavy base tumbler but it is too large (diameter) and no lids. 

I just received my madison jars (minus the broken ones) but I put a lid on one and it was great, I put a lid on another and cannot get it off for the life of me.  This poor manufacturing tolerance is unacceptable, I can already see the costly problems that would arise from a customer not being able to take the lid off of the candle they just got in the mail.  

I have also tried the libbey universal candle tumbler but it is too narrow and I did not know before buying a case that the glass was so thick, I just dont care for the look of it at all.

Why cant someone make a glass sample pack, it is very expensive to have to order an entire case only to find out the glass isn't going to work.

• Like 2

I believe if you email Fillmore container you can get samples.

They sell single jars &lids.

I think they have tumblers 

as well. Have you ever see those 

paper, kraft style lids? Not sure 

that's an option for you though.

I attached a photo to give you an 

idea of what they're like.

IMG_5966.JPG

6 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I believe if you email Fillmore container you can get samples.

They sell single jars &lids.

I think they have tumblers 

as well. Have you ever see those 

paper, kraft style lids? Not sure 

that's an option for you though.

I attached a photo to give you an 

idea of what they're like.

IMG_5966.JPG

I like that look, do you know where those lids come from.

I wish I knew Filmore did that before ordering two cases of glasses and lids that I wont be using.

• Like 1

Do you have a Dollar Tree nearby?  Many start out with the glass they carry.  It's fairly heavy (which you might not like) but that makes it safe.  They don't carry lids but again many have found lids that work with them.  At least you're not paying shipping to try out different glass. 

Also General Wax (candlemakingsupplies.net) has a 3 oz, 7 oz and 14 oz tumbler and they sell the plastic lids to fit them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ghostrider said:

I like that look, do you know where those lids come from.

I wish I knew Filmore did that before ordering two cases of glasses and lids that I wont be using.

I know I've seen them, just not sure through what supplier. 

Do a quick google search & later 

I'll see what I come up with too 

and repost :) I really like the look 

of them. I love Fillmore/ they do a 

phenomenal job packing.

9 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Do you have a Dollar Tree nearby?  Many start out with the glass they carry.  It's fairly heavy (which you might not like) but that makes it safe.  They don't carry lids but again many have found lids that work with them.  At least you're not paying shipping to try out different glass. 

Also General Wax (candlemakingsupplies.net) has a 3 oz, 7 oz and 14 oz tumbler and they sell the plastic lids to fit them.

I plan on ordering some samples from general wax.  I will have to google and see if there is a dollar tree near me, I think there is..

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

I know I've seen them, just not sure through what supplier. 

Do a quick google search & later 

I'll see what I come up with too 

and repost :) I really like the look 

of them. I love Fillmore/ they do a 

phenomenal job packing.

My broken glasses say different, but they have great customer service and are sending replacements.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Community Candle carries those paper lids which I like and they have the jars that fit them also.

Trappeur

I already have the jars, I am ordering the lids now and trying to thin out the FO's from my cart (I hear they have some good ones).