I need help to think of a name....

nadiadee

Hey guys! So in the wee hours of last night, before I started a new batch of soap... I started blending a bunch of FOs that I had just bought (50ml bottles, at RM40 each is murder :C) I came up with two blends, if you guys can think of a name for it that'd be great! Also, I'd love to send a soap over to the person whose name I chose (if you would have it, of course!) I'll try to add a description of the scent as well. I am quite limited by the amount/type of FOs that are available locally as we don't have any blended FOs (ex: Aztec's Bay Rum which smells soooo good) so I have to blend them all up myself. Also, if anyone knows of a company that sells FOs without a super steep shipping price, it'd be helpful. 

1st blend: 

1 part Timber FO 

(very sweet and fresh woodsy scent without the sawdust base*) this will have to do until I find a more Woodsy-like scent

1 part Patchouli FO 

1/2 part Verbena 

1/2 part Lemon 

1/2 part Spearmint 

This particular scent reminds me of a rather botanical gin and tonic, its a very clean scent too. 

2nd blend: 

1 part Clary Sage FO 

1 part Lemongrass FO 

2 part Aloe Vera FO 

2 part Cucumber FO 

1/2 part Plumeria FO

My DW thinks that it smells very spa-like. 

Sorry for the long post, TIA :D Lemme know if I posted this in the wrong section... 

• Like 1

I am terrible at coming up with names, but those blends both sound complex and nice.

The only thing I can think of is 'Tranquility' or just Tranquil for the second spa like one.  Sound soothing...but what do I know, it may be energizing.  :)

• Like 1

Garden dreams

Spring naptime

Dawn stroll

Garden stroll

Awakening dawn

Lingering peace

Early morning sprite

Early morning quiet

Nature's sprite

Meadow

Meadow memory

Athena's dream

Goddess footprint

Goddess touch

Goddess scent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incendia said:

Garden dreams

Spring naptime

Dawn stroll

Garden stroll

Awakening dawn

Lingering peace

Early morning sprite

Early morning quiet

Nature's sprite

Meadow

Meadow memory

Athena's dream

Goddess footprint

Goddess touch

Goddess scent

OK, you're good at this!  So what can I rename Sex on the Beach?  I don't like Fun in the Sun as an alternate either. Tropical Paradise maybe?

Also need a name for Butt Naked.  Finally got a sample of this one.  I smell a lot of cherry. 

Oh wow! All of you are fantastic at this! 

@Incendia : Conception cracked me up!! :naughty: 

@kandlekrazy : I love Hippie Chick (Chic maybe? A bit of an oxymoron with the word hippie though haha. Which one would work better?) 

@GailC  and @Incendia: You both gave me the inspiration to name it Tranquil Dawn (2nd blend). It sounds perfect for the scent as I think of a tropical sunrise when I smell that blend.. 

Thank you guys so much! Though I am still not too sure on the name for the 1st blend.. Hippy Chick or Hippie Chic? 

Also, soap gremlins attacked when I was making the 1st blend last night. I am prepared to hit myself on the head with the stick blender at this point (but that is another story altogether haha)

So kandlekrazy, GailC and Incendia: Soap for you beautiful people? If yes, drop me a PM hehe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GailC said:

OK, you're good at this!  So what can I rename Sex on the Beach?  I don't like Fun in the Sun as an alternate either. Tropical Paradise maybe?

Also need a name for Butt Naked.  Finally got a sample of this one.  I smell a lot of cherry. 

Thanks. And sorry for the flip answer. I had to go water some plants before it got totally dark, but I felt 'inspired' and as often is the case, couldn't help myself, lol.

I like the scent Love Spell, and to me it is reminiscent of apricots. So at my age... that's what I might call it. :) 

I'm not familiar with either Sex on the Beach or Butt Naked, but I do think the names are clever for a certain market. And they apparently do sell well if I've heard of them.

Candle science description of Sex on the Beach:

A playful rendition of the classic tropical mixed drink that blends fresh pineapple and orange with tart cranberries. Notes of vodka and peach schnapps give this fragrance its "true to life" scent.

This fragrance oil is infused with natural essential oils, including Orange.

and from Flaming Candle:

Butt Naked Fragrance Oil

A fruity floral blend that combines green apples, spicy pears, honeydew melon, and strawberries with light accents of cherry. A soft floral accord and creamy vanilla undertones adds texture to the fruit tones.

Hmmm, I didn't realized both were sort of fruity.

Citrus sunset

Sunset sensation

Sunset stillness

Waves on the beach

High tide

Surf's up

Wading in the bay

Exotic libation

Total relaxation

Tropical punch

Summer stillness

Evening stillness

A perfect evening (which it happens to be here :) )

First days of summer

Summer thirst

Summer lust

Lust for Life (van Gogh - 'Ear on the Beach')

Umbrellas and sand

Summer Quench

Key Largo

Florida Keys

Incendia I like Umbrellas and Sand.  I might go with that one for Sex on the Beach.  Thanks!

I did keep the name for Monkey Farts, but that's as far as I go.  :)  My little great niece was smelling my fragrance oils and read the name of Sex on the Beach...I am just not comfortable with that name or Butt Naked.

I already have a Love Spell fragrance oil.  Quite popular too.  Got it from Aztec and people say it smells just like Victoria Secret's cologne.

Edited by GailC

20 hours ago, GailC said:

I was having fun and jotting down more names. For something with cherry notes, how about Sweet Cherrity.

I also like the one you mentioned - Umbrellas and Sand. Very beachy. Very summer.

• Like 1