I have got an INVITE!!! (BAO CHICKA WOAW CKICKA PA WOOAH. Woaeh. )

Sponiebr

SO my Buddy broke up with his wermen a few mnonths ago and he and I had a little chat... Seems that It would be greatly appreciated if I would make one of my wonderful OHM's that had jewl weed innit ... o.O  (OH! And scented with   some pepermint eo.) Srugs.

So has anyone got just a bang'n formulation for jewl weed soap laying about? Otherwise, as soon as I find a scource for jewl weed I'm just gonna mix up a small 3.5 pound loaf and call it a day.

You help is desperately appreciated.                  

Let me ride that danke, danke, lemme ride dat danke!  

;) Sponiebr                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• Like 1

Are you talking about some pot? lol....

If you are Rustic Esc. has it.  But it was the nastiest stuff I ever smelled in my life.  I made a couple of candles for a friend of mine who wanted a candle that smelled like marijuana so I bought it.  I thought I would never get the smell out of my house as it lingered for days.  I wraped and wrapped up the pound I bought and chucked it.  Now they have good reveiews on it.

Trappeur

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

If you are Rustic Esc. has it.  But it was the nastiest stuff I ever smelled in my life.  I made a couple of candles for a friend of mine who wanted a candle that smelled like marijuana so I bought it.  I thought I would never get the smell out of my house as it lingered for days.  I wraped and wrapped up the pound I bought and chucked it.  Now they have good reveiews on it.

Trappeur

??? I believe jewel weed is a plant used for poison ivy. I could be wrong though . 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Uh huh... Uh hmmm... I KNOW a Trapp when I see one... and THIS is a Trapp! It's too easy... Nope! Not gonna bite. 

No Trappeur, not weed. Jewel-weed, (and no, jewel weed is not "primo" weed...)  like Moonie said it's a poison ivy/eczema/itchy butt treatment. To be completely honest 0:) I'm pretty up on my wild plants and why-for-we-masticaify them,  and when my buddy told me she wanted a jewel weed soap I said "Dude... Isn't that Datura? That's a hallucinogen man..." he, said, y'know, I think you're right... Damn..." I was like "no, no, wait that's jimsonweed I think... yep... It's all good dude." 

Your comment though Trapp has given birth to a PHENOMENALLY BAD, idea though! I may have mentioned that I make soap at my office facility... But... No...no. I actually LIKE my boss, so I'll show some restraint and NOT fill my facility full of the scent of dank-skunk. Damned handy idea though to keep in my black bag of "jokes". 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

SO my Buddy broke up with his wermen a few mnonths ago and he and I had a little chat... Seems that It would be greatly appreciated if I would make one of my wonderful OHM's that had jewl weed innit ... o.O  (OH! And scented with   some pepermint eo.) Srugs.

So has anyone got just a bang'n formulation for jewl weed soap laying about? Otherwise, as soon as I find a scource for jewl weed I'm just gonna mix up a small 3.5 pound loaf and call it a day.

You help is desperately appreciated.                  

Let me ride that danke, danke, lemme ride dat danke!  

;) Sponiebr                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Wow... :o I thought I cleaned that up. Ok, so I literally fell asleep at the keyboard typing that. I intentionally misspelled women as "wermen" and that as "dat". Seriously there was a page and a half of nothing but lowercase dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd's. :D I might need to address this 40 hours of sleep a month issue. (sighs) 

3 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Uh huh... Uh hmmm... I KNOW a Trapp when I see one... and THIS is a Trapp! It's too easy... Nope! Not gonna bite. 

No Trappeur, not weed. Jewel-weed, (and no, jewel weed is not "primo" weed...)  like Moonie said it's a poison ivy/eczema/itchy butt treatment. To be completely honest 0:) I'm pretty up on my wild plants and why-for-we-masticaify them,  and when my buddy told me she wanted a jewel weed soap I said "Dude... Isn't that Datura? That's a hallucinogen man..." he, said, y'know, I think you're right... Damn..." I was like "no, no, wait that's jimsonweed I think... yep... It's all good dude." 

Your comment though Trapp has given birth to a PHENOMENALLY BAD, idea though! I may have mentioned that I make soap at my office facility... But... No...no. I actually LIKE my boss, so I'll show some restraint and NOT fill my facility full of the scent of dank-skunk. Damned handy idea though to keep in my black bag of "jokes". 

Learn something everyday. Jewel Weed isn't a euphemism for pot (I though it might be.). It's an actual plant what does offer relief for skin irritation.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impatiens_capensis

As for Jimson weed, we have that here. It often grows along the railroad tracks. It's very pretty, but not at all like the photos of Jewelweed.  ('Gruesome' warning.... )There was a local kid who brewed up some Jimsonweed pods a number of years ago and killed himself by beating his head against the wall.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Incendia said:

Learn something everyday. Jewel Weed isn't a euphemism for pot (I though it might be.). It's an actual plant what does offer relief for skin irritation.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impatiens_capensis

As for Jimson weed, we have that here. It often grows along the railroad tracks. It's very pretty, but not at all like the photos of Jewelweed.  ('Gruesome' warning.... )There was a local kid who brewed up some Jimsonweed pods a number of years ago and killed himself by beating his head against the wall.

Yeah kids down here in Florida prefer Angel's Trumpets which basically yeilds scopolamine, or morning glory seeds... Jimsonweed's dangerous. It ain't called locoweed for nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iansmommaya said:

I do Jewel Weed soap. I infuse it in OO and I add some one top for scrubbing action.

(Wait a sec... {Looks around muttering to himself} "Where did I put that summabitch... Oh, there you are heort. {blows off chokingly thick cloud of dust}.)

Ok! Ah'm back...  

I <3 this!    

So, Maya, you're doing an infusion so I take it you're using dried jewel weed? Where are you getting your jewel weed from, or are you collecting it yourself? Also you're doing CP right? What's your rate, o.O screwit... 

Hey Maya! Would you mind sharing your formula for Jewel Weed soap with me? Please? :biggrin:

Sponiebr: The Executor of "0 days since last accident" kind of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services... 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 9:31 PM, Sponiebr said:

Moonie ???? 

On 2/12/2017 at 0:37 AM, Incendia said:

Omg that's horrible :( 

On 2/14/2017 at 6:36 PM, Sponiebr said:

(Wait a sec... {Looks around muttering to himself} "Where did I put that summabitch... Oh, there you are heort. {blows off chokingly thick cloud of dust}.)

Ok! Ah'm back...  

I <3 this!    

So, Maya, you're doing an infusion so I take it you're using dried jewel weed? Where are you getting your jewel weed from, or are you collecting it yourself? Also you're doing CP right? What's your rate, o.O screwit... 

Hey Maya! Would you mind sharing your formula for Jewel Weed soap with me? Please? :biggrin:

Sponiebr: The Executor of "0 days since last accident" kind of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services... 

I dry the jewel weed or I get it already fried from another herbalist, I insue it in olive oil, in a quart mason jar I add probably two inches of dried jewel weed then I fill the mason jar with olive oil. I let it sit for six weeks or so. you can also do a quick bane marie style. The I use the oil and OTHER jewel weed in the soap. I make a jewel weed tincture too. same thing as above but with vodka. (And obviously not in the soap but in a spray bottle.)

• Like 1