I'm a candlemaker... what is wrong with me???

guppygirl

I've got the B&B bug baaaaaaaadddd right now! We won't even mention the soap side of my business. I made a solid shower scrub bar a few nights ago... tonight it was an emulsified sugar scrub. I need more clay... more cocoa butter... more emulsifiers... a 12-step. Oh yea, all this is just for me (and maybe some family if they're lucky!)

Oh no- you are not just a candlemaker, you a multi-faceted woman on a mission. The B&B bug is deadly. I used to swear I would never, ever venture into the darkside. LMAO!! :grin2: Now I could care less about candles.

I make them anyhow- they allow me to do a whole lot of playing.

LOL, funny I was just thinking the same thing!

I remember when I bought my first handmade soap at a fair here. I had been making candles for about 2 years, and stopped to talk to the vendor. I mentioned that I did candles and was kind of interested in soapmaking.

She kinda looked down her nose at me and said "oh, candles" in a snotty voice, "soapmaking is much more interesting".. Really annoyed me, and I was totally offended..

And here I am, 3 years later :) Totally flipped to the b&b side.

LOL

I started out (in 1998) making candles and then a year later hopped onto the BB train...which then lead to salt scrubs, then melt/pour soap, then CP (only tried that twice), then HP (which I love to do but haven't in 3 years), then lotion bases, then lotion from scratch (which I quickly scratched off my list), then...divorce came a knockin' and gave everything up until about a year ago (which is when I found Candletech) and started out on making body butter and that's all I've have been doing for now...but that train whistle is a blowin' and after I get tax refund back, I would like to get back to HP'ing and some other projects......WHEW!! Addiction!!:P

I personally thought making soap was less expensive and easier than making candles. Then again, I've only been dancing on the darkside for a little while. :D

I'm only using basic oils for CP, grocery store stuff mostly, nothing too spendy yet. I will though... it's inevitable. I can see all of my quarterly bonuses easily going into B&B supplies.

Soaping is easier for me than candlemaking. I also thought (in my own opionion) that soapmaking was less expensive. I, too, started out with grocery store oils (just in case I didn't care for soaping) and then took off from there. But it can get expensive, of course, with the addiction to make soap with the best ingredients.

I have never even looked at pricing to start soaps.. What is more expensive- Making candles or soaps? What is easier to do?

Just curious- not sure the bug will bite, just checking it out LOL

Christina

Soaps don't have a wick:cheesy2: That will tell ya what is easier!!! I hate wicks!!

Glo

Wanna hear something really bad?

I haven't poured a candle since... Christmas!!! :shocked2:

I haven't poured one in longer than you :P ...about two weeks before Christmas! I have so many "testers" laying around to be dealt with that I swore no new wax would be melted until I dealt with what I've already done! In all honesty, however, I have so much B&B stuff on my kitchen counters right now...no room to make any candles these days!

I swear I fit in here too well becuz I, too, swore I wouldn't "go over to the dark side" and now here I am with a basement full of lotions & potions, bottles & jars! Now where did I put those wicks? LOL