Importance of Packaging

TallTayl

From today's Cosmetics and Toiletries news.

http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/marketdata/finished-product-launches/Packaging-The-Silent-Salesman-of-Cosmetics-410322965.html?utm_source=newsletter-html&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CT+E-Newsletter+01-27-2017&absrc=hdl

every word directed at cosmetics is equally true for candles, melts, bubble bars, fizzes, etc. we make. Even the way we package shipments counts. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, iansmommaya said:

Saving to read later. Thank you! I do not think one can underestimate the importance of packaging.

Once you start thinking about it, it is so easy to see how we as consumers are influenced by it! Walking through a store, think about what draws you in and gets you to pick up the item... then what gets you to buy it.

• Like 1

There is nothing that grosses me out more than bare naked soaps/bath & body products that people can handle all over. There is a body product store in our area that sell their soaps and bath bombs without even a smidge of wrapping on them.....imagine all the dirty and germy hands that have been all over those products. There are people who STILL do not wash their hands after using the bathroom and people that STILL wipe their noses on their hands....and they would think nothing of handling these products after doing such. I wouldn't use these bare naked products even if they were GIVEN to me. YUCK!! Beautiful and thorough packaging IS a must! :)

• Like 1

????

that is so gross!! Makes you think, I do not make soap or bath and body products but I will certainly be looking at packaging now at stores that have homemade stuff! Lol

our town festival in the summer had a booth that had body butters and I was so grossed out at people dipping their hands in the sample bottle- they didn't supervise it or offer little spoons to get it out and the gas stations up north have this coconut hand scrub in the bathrooms that have no scooping utensil either and it's so disgusting you can't wash your hands with normal soap, your only choice is to dip in ?? I always carry hand sanitizer and disposable wipes traveling up here! 

Edited by moonshine

On 1/29/2017 at 10:31 AM, TallTayl said:

@puma52 so glad I am not alone in those thoughts. 

What do do you think about people who take their soap home and wash off the dust and such between shows?

Do people really do that? I don't tend to buy soap bars as a friend of mine makes them - but now I'll be extra wary. 

On the subject of packaging, a friend bought me some shower bombs for xmas and at first I felt they were really overpackaged (they were in a small box and double shrink wrapped) but maybe now I'm glad for that!

The first time I ever walked into a Lush store I was surprised nothing was wrapped as far as bath fizzles soap etc. They only wrapped it after your purchase.

Most handmade soaps Ive seen at shops in my town - local health food store are not "technically wrapped either, well they have a band around them 

with the scent + ingredients but thats about it . I too like some type of packaging.

On 1/29/2017 at 2:14 PM, moonshine said:

????

that is so gross!! Makes you think, I do not make soap or bath and body products but I will certainly be looking at packaging now at stores that have homemade stuff! Lol

our town festival in the summer had a booth that had body butters and I was so grossed out at people dipping their hands in the sample bottle- they didn't supervise it or offer little spoons to get it out and the gas stations up north have this coconut hand scrub in the bathrooms that have no scooping utensil either and it's so disgusting you can't wash your hands with normal soap, your only choice is to dip in ?? I always carry hand sanitizer and disposable wipes traveling up here! 

This happens at big retailers too. I see it at Macys all the time - people even put lipstick on thats been used by strangers . Sorry, but that is plain gross not to 

mention dangerous. Who knows if the person before you has something contagious - Crazy !

• Like 1

On 1/29/2017 at 0:31 PM, TallTayl said:

What do do you think about people who take their soap home and wash off the dust and such between shows?

Oh TallTayl.....that is just awful! Yikes.....Oh gracious....speechless here....

• Like 1

On 1/29/2017 at 2:14 PM, moonshine said:

????

This happens at big retailers too. I see it at Macys all the time - people even put lipstick on thats been used by strangers . Sorry, but that is plain gross not to 

mention dangerous. Who knows if the person before you has something contagious - Crazy !