Has anyone ever ventured over to the Tutorials and More tab?

TallTayl

This is a gold mine of archived information and articles, and a resources I want to make more visible in the reorganization of this forum. 

Check out the candle making archive:

http://www.craftserver.com/articles1.html/candle-making-faq-archive/

And the Soap and B&B archive

http://www.craftserver.com/articles1.html/soap-bb-faq-archive/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

I'd never seen it before, but looks like a lot of good stuff in there! 

I did notice that both the links for suppliers by state are expired - do you know if there is a new list somewhere? 

Here is a fresher one:

will venture to the archived one and post back a link

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Here is a fresher one:

will venture to the archived one and post back a link

Thanks! For some reason when I put in the search term 'suppliers by state' I didn't see that post - super helpful to have. Only wish there were more suppliers close to me in UT :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbradshaw said:

Thanks! For some reason when I put in the search term 'suppliers by state' I didn't see that post - super helpful to have. Only wish there were more suppliers close to me in UT :)

Have you checked out Candle Science in NV? There's also MMS in Utah. Being in CO I use those 2 a lot of the time. 

23 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Have you checked out Candle Science in NV? There's also MMS in Utah. Being in CO I use those 2 a lot of the time. 

I didn't realize Candle Science was in NV - I'll have to check it out.

I haven't gotten anything from MMS yet, they are a couple hours away so if I found oils I loved it would be worth the drive (it's a beautiful one, as well). Any oils you love from them? I was going to do a search on the forum to see what people like. 

3 hours ago, jbradshaw said:

I didn't realize Candle Science was in NV - I'll have to check it out.

I haven't gotten anything from MMS yet, they are a couple hours away so if I found oils I loved it would be worth the drive (it's a beautiful one, as well). Any oils you love from them? I was going to do a search on the forum to see what people like. 

CS has 2 locations, the one in the "west" is in NV. 

I get my bulk soaping oils at MMS sometimes because if you buy either $200 or $250 (can't remember which) they offer free shipping. Which after I factor in all the costs of the oils including shipping, it ends up less per ounce for me than Soaper's Choice. The only oil I use that I can't get at MMS is Pumpkinseed Oil, but I only use that in my lotions, so I can get it at SC without too high of a shipping cost. 

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

CS has 2 locations, the one in the "west" is in NV. 

I get my bulk soaping oils at MMS sometimes because if you buy either $200 or $250 (can't remember which) they offer free shipping. Which after I factor in all the costs of the oils including shipping, it ends up less per ounce for me than Soaper's Choice. The only oil I use that I can't get at MMS is Pumpkinseed Oil, but I only use that in my lotions, so I can get it at SC without too high of a shipping cost. 

So far I've only been making candles, have never tried soaps. I've been hunting around past threads for oils that people have had success with in candles so I'm going to try a few of those. I think even though the oils per ounce are more expensive, if I could pick them up in person it would be cheaper than shipping, especially from some of the east coast suppliers. Thanks for all your advice :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:20 AM, TallTayl said:

This is a gold mine of archived information and articles, and a resources I want to make more visible in the reorganization of this forum. 

I have found myself there a couple times when searching for specific terms... and thought I should go back and do some more reading.

Lots of good stuff here. :)