Help Please?

Y'all... 
I told myself I wouldn't...
I swore, I wouldn't...
Then I PROMISED myself I'd just do it this ONE time!
I'd be OK for just ONE time!  
It's such a small amount I can't get hooked...
I could STOP ANYTIME I WANT TO...

Yeah, well that was 3 days ago and...

Well, There are 5 here, and there WERE 6... 

20170109_203503.jpg

Center: Penny for reference size, and my home made wood wicks. 
They're all scented with CS' Christmas Hearth in those 2 oz Dollar tree jars. 

So the descriptions are about what I did and what the colorants are:

Left to right: Single pour chrome green III and BB bronze mica for that geenish gold look.

Single pour 100% unscented bleached bees wax. (just a burn test)

Different attempt at mottling the green one and the lavendar one.

Lavender mottled single pour. (oh... I used some of those LA shimmer loose micas in these. The stuff from the DOllar Tree. )

2nd attempt at the green and  lavender mottling.     

I'm sick. I need help. Do they have like Crafer's Anonymous?         They all burn well.

;)

Sponiebr- el sicko!

• Like 1

Yeah,  I feel your pain,  I started with candles and said I would never do soap,  HA!  If I gave you  list of products I offered  my accounts when I was full steam,  you might cry,  I won't list them,  it might crush you lol.  It's fun, it's creative, go with it, if you enjoy it, go with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh Sponey.....you never cease to amaze me....

So what are your wicks made from?

Trappeur

In all seriousness they're made from Dollar Tree Popsicle sticks that have been crushed with a hammer to soften them up a little bit and spread out the wood fibers. They burn really REALLY well. I was just fart'n around trying to come up with an amusing joke... I didn't actually expect to find something cool and useful in the middle of my shenanigans. 

ALSO as a side note, I've been treating them with some 90% stearic acid and 10% paraffin to "size" them. It has worked well. I've made some little tabs out of a Dew can and meh, it works. 
I also tried smashed tooth picks, which turned out "ok", not great, but ok. And bamboo skewers. The bamboo skewers work fine if you need a medieval torch for exploring labyrinths and caves and such. The bamboo wicks are very efficient at sucking up wax and making large amounts of fire. Not really suited to candles for the house, tiki torches? Sure... Bedroom, not so much. 

• Like 1