Oh so many darn suppliers

lovelyscents

On 12/19/2016 at 11:40 PM, grama said:

Don't think you will regret using them.  Well don't know how to attach quotes or whatever.  You know the old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" lol 

You did just fine!  I may replace NG with RE then despite NG being at the very top of the highly rated poll list from candle makers.  It is sometimes hard for me to go with what everyone else uses anyways because I have not tried their products using NG oils to see if it fits my personal expectations.  Also, I find myself wanting nothing but the best and sometimes most people (with no offense intended) will judge oils by just OOB, adequate throw, convenience and pricing along with shipping costs.  I have CS on my list which is for sure highly known and true to be very good, but they dont have but maybe a handful of scents I want to use.  Therefore, do you think its worth ordering from them in your opinion?  

On 12/18/2016 at 0:58 PM, lovelyscents said:

I know they are all hit or misses (unfortunately) and personal testing is best.  Even though I have been testing for months, I still have not had the funds to try every scent at every reputable place.  For example: birthday cake, every supplier carries it and it would be nice to buy this oil and test from each supplier, but that is very costly for me.  I would LIKE to narrow my suppliers down to about 6 (hard to do I know!).  I so far use NG, CS, Peak, ICS and Flaming.  Having a hard time with the 6th one.  I am torn between trying Indigo, WSP, FB or Maple Street as my 6th supplier.  If any of you can recommend one of those being on top with more hits vs misses, it would be so gratefully helpful!  Or if you even see one on my list that I already use that you would swap out, that is very helpful as well.  Love this forum and all of you!  Happy holidays :)

I've tried "Birthday Cake" from 4 different major suppliers and Peak's for me is the best! They are all decent but Peak's blends seamlessly in the wax at 6% and the throws are stellar. My customers love it!

I know what you mean though; I would love to try FOs from all the suppliers but it's the shipping cost that kills me. Sometimes I think it's a good thing or else I would be buying way too many fragrances!

• Like 1

lovelyscents ,I am going to order from Indigo & try the funnel cake. That sounds so yummy for wax melts. You are definitely right about the selection, so many wonderful scents to choose from. I will let you know how they test out for me. I use mostly paraffin for my melts ,but I did order some Aztec blend soy& so far loving this stuff. I do not like waiting for cure time ,but so far I think it is worth it .I make them& put them away for a week. I have had some good luck with this wax. My next test will be adding this Aztec soy to some paraffin & see what I come up with. I like blending wax & oils. I wanted to let you know Peak is having 50% off ship right now until DEC 31. Great time to try the sampler pack they offer. Peak oils are great quality & I highly recommend their oils. I only order from Peak when they have shipping discounts & 50 % is the best sale ever, only happens once a year ,so go get you some great oils. I hope you did try Maple Street Pumpkin pecan Waffle ,it has been great in my wax. I also highly recommend their Oats milk & Honey ,very strong on the honey. It is perfect if you love honey scents ,it is very strong .I love the Jingle Berry Wreath, Orange ,Iced Lemon Danish & many more I received from MS. I am still testing Maples & have had a few duds ,bit overall most have been great. I know ship gets high when so many vendors & I use about 8 ,I need to cut back to about 4 or 5. It is so hard when you get a wonderful scent from one co & the others do not have it UGG so aggravating. I have some oils from Front Porch to get into the wax & hope to have some winners. Now I have to try Indigo because you have me convinced :) The variety is so inviting .I will let you know my results. I am off to Peak to grab some oils & save on shipping. I usually order the 8 oz & 1 pound bottles of my favorites. I love Cranberry Oak & they are out of stock ,this happens when they have shipping sales ,so shop now if possible. The code is NEWYEAR17 for 50% off ship . I also know that WSP will be having their big year end sale any day now ,so keep an eye out for this co. WSP has a wonderful Jelly Donut, Vanilla Bean Noel, Pistachio Almond Macaroon, Cream Cheese Frosting, Maple Pecan Streusel, Purely Peppermint, Frasier Fir & many more. I have ordered some that do not work in my wax ,but most have been wonderful. I do not like their Pumpkin pecan waffle compared to Maple Streets. I do recommend WSP for oils & shop with them when they have the big year end sales. It is coming up very soon. I am placing my Indigo order tonight ,so I will get back with you on this company. Funnel Cake will be my first choice lol :)Hang in there & eventually you will settle on your favorite companies after testing in your wax.. I always try shop thrifty as possible when buying oils. I do use a lot of The Candlesource oils also & love the low prices & flat rate shipping. If you need any feedback on candlesource ,feel free to ask me. I have tried almost every one . I hope I have gave you some good advice & wish you the best .Have a blessed New Year :) Kat

8 hours ago, jfear said:

I've tried "Birthday Cake" from 4 different major suppliers and Peak's for me is the best! They are all decent but Peak's blends seamlessly in the wax at 6% and the throws are stellar. My customers love it!

I know what you mean though; I would love to try FOs from all the suppliers but it's the shipping cost that kills me. Sometimes I think it's a good thing or else I would be buying way too many fragrances!

It is funny you mentioned this because I have been putting a list together on what I will be ordering from Peak soon and birthday cake is number 1 on my list and very excited to try!  I am happy to hear 6% throws nicely as I am already stuck on 8% for most except heavier oils, I love nice strong oils that require less to throw well.  I definitely agree on shipping.  It is more expensive in the beginning of me choosing certain oils as I am limiting myself to no more than a dozen oils from each place, so that actually makes shipping even worse because I am not ordering enough for the shipping costs to be worth it.  However, I cannot settle on an oil until I at least TRY another suppliers just to be sure its the best lol.  Such a blessing and a curse that we have so many suppliers :wacko: .  On another note, it is nice to know we have enough to where we can find almost any oil you can think of from at least one :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

lovelyscents ,I am going to order from Indigo & try the funnel cake. That sounds so yummy for wax melts. You are definitely right about the selection, so many wonderful scents to choose from. I will let you know how they test out for me. I use mostly paraffin for my melts ,but I did order some Aztec blend soy& so far loving this stuff. I do not like waiting for cure time ,but so far I think it is worth it .I make them& put them away for a week. I have had some good luck with this wax. My next test will be adding this Aztec soy to some paraffin & see what I come up with. I like blending wax & oils. I wanted to let you know Peak is having 50% off ship right now until DEC 31. Great time to try the sampler pack they offer. Peak oils are great quality & I highly recommend their oils. I only order from Peak when they have shipping discounts & 50 % is the best sale ever, only happens once a year ,so go get you some great oils. I hope you did try Maple Street Pumpkin pecan Waffle ,it has been great in my wax. I also highly recommend their Oats milk & Honey ,very strong on the honey. It is perfect if you love honey scents ,it is very strong .I love the Jingle Berry Wreath, Orange ,Iced Lemon Danish & many more I received from MS. I am still testing Maples & have had a few duds ,bit overall most have been great. I know ship gets high when so many vendors & I use about 8 ,I need to cut back to about 4 or 5. It is so hard when you get a wonderful scent from one co & the others do not have it UGG so aggravating. I have some oils from Front Porch to get into the wax & hope to have some winners. Now I have to try Indigo because you have me convinced :) The variety is so inviting .I will let you know my results. I am off to Peak to grab some oils & save on shipping. I usually order the 8 oz & 1 pound bottles of my favorites. I love Cranberry Oak & they are out of stock ,this happens when they have shipping sales ,so shop now if possible. The code is NEWYEAR17 for 50% off ship . I also know that WSP will be having their big year end sale any day now ,so keep an eye out for this co. WSP has a wonderful Jelly Donut, Vanilla Bean Noel, Pistachio Almond Macaroon, Cream Cheese Frosting, Maple Pecan Streusel, Purely Peppermint, Frasier Fir & many more. I have ordered some that do not work in my wax ,but most have been wonderful. I do not like their Pumpkin pecan waffle compared to Maple Streets. I do recommend WSP for oils & shop with them when they have the big year end sales. It is coming up very soon. I am placing my Indigo order tonight ,so I will get back with you on this company. Funnel Cake will be my first choice lol :)Hang in there & eventually you will settle on your favorite companies after testing in your wax.. I always try shop thrifty as possible when buying oils. I do use a lot of The Candlesource oils also & love the low prices & flat rate shipping. If you need any feedback on candlesource ,feel free to ask me. I have tried almost every one . I hope I have gave you some good advice & wish you the best .Have a blessed New Year :) Kat

Sounds good, I actually have a larger order on its way from them (Indigo) as well and I will report back also!  Thank you so much about the Peak sale, going there now!  I have yet to order from Maple Street, I have 4 FO orders on their way and now I think I will try Peak which makes 5.  This will be enough for me for now...I think! :lol:  I am with ya on the limiting suppliers and totally agree about a couple oils great here a couple great there, cannot live without these from here and so on!  Oh my goodness, I had WSP on my list to try as well and now you're making me think about looking out for their sale as well *shudder*  I am hearing more and more about Candlesource being good, but I guess I havent put them on my list to try as I do not see descriptions on their site unless I am missing them?  Thank you so much and you have a wonderful New Year as well :D

Edited by lovelyscents

Yes WSP has a huge year end sale & I buy my favorites from them at this time. I cannot live without their Jelly Donut ,Maple Pecan Streusel, Vanilla Bean Noel ,Cream Cheese frosting , Pistachio almond Macaroon & some of the Bath & Body Works dupes. Gosh it is so hard to stay with just a handful of suppliers. Now I will probably find some from Indigo I have to have LOL.. The candlesource has some descriptions on the scent list page. They do not have the descriptions on the catalog page ,bit confusing. Their descriptions are not the best .They do have some wonderful oils thou. I use their Butt naked, Pink Sugar Love Spell, Lemongrass, Coconut Water Mango is a new one & wonderful. It is a Bath& Body Works scent. I also have their Coconut Pumpkin Latte ,a BBW scent as well. I have not put this one in the wax yet. I will say that their website takes a lil getting used to .You have to actually add the flat rate shipping to your cart. I will be happy to assist you if you ever need help with checking out with them ,if you decide to order. I do recommend this company .I have many candlesource oils that work very well in my wax.. I hope Aztec & Maple Street are on your list .I think every company has some great oils along with some duds. It just takes time to test & use what works best for you. I will say I have tried almost every Pumpkin pecan Waffle since Tennessee closed & the best one for me was Maple Streets. The one from Just scent was good, but MS was just a lil bit better in my wax.. Glad to hear you have ordered & you will enjoy testing all your new oils. I use candlewic & candlescience as well. The Ultimate & bold oils from Candlewic are very good. I use their Maple Butter & love it.. Keep in touch with your new oils & hope they turn out great. I will do the same with my Indigo order. Hope to place the order tonight ,still shopping Peak  LOL :) God bless.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Yes WSP has a huge year end sale & I buy my favorites from them at this time. I cannot live without their Jelly Donut ,Maple Pecan Streusel, Vanilla Bean Noel ,Cream Cheese frosting , Pistachio almond Macaroon & some of the Bath & Body Works dupes. Gosh it is so hard to stay with just a handful of suppliers. Now I will probably find some from Indigo I have to have LOL.. The candlesource has some descriptions on the scent list page. They do not have the descriptions on the catalog page ,bit confusing. Their descriptions are not the best .They do have some wonderful oils thou. I use their Butt naked, Pink Sugar Love Spell, Lemongrass, Coconut Water Mango is a new one & wonderful. It is a Bath& Body Works scent. I also have their Coconut Pumpkin Latte ,a BBW scent as well. I have not put this one in the wax yet. I will say that their website takes a lil getting used to .You have to actually add the flat rate shipping to your cart. I will be happy to assist you if you ever need help with checking out with them ,if you decide to order. I do recommend this company .I have many candlesource oils that work very well in my wax.. I hope Aztec & Maple Street are on your list .I think every company has some great oils along with some duds. It just takes time to test & use what works best for you. I will say I have tried almost every Pumpkin pecan Waffle since Tennessee closed & the best one for me was Maple Streets. The one from Just scent was good, but MS was just a lil bit better in my wax.. Glad to hear you have ordered & you will enjoy testing all your new oils. I use candlewic & candlescience as well. The Ultimate & bold oils from Candlewic are very good. I use their Maple Butter & love it.. Keep in touch with your new oils & hope they turn out great. I will do the same with my Indigo order. Hope to place the order tonight ,still shopping Peak  LOL :) God bless.

Yes, Aztec is on my list along with Candlewic, NG, RE/AH, FB, WSP, Maple Street, Peak and Millcreek!  This doesnt include the 4 other suppliers I ordered from such as ICS, Flaming, Indigo and CS.  I only received the orders from CS and Flaming today, but so far I am very impressed with all the oils I purchased OOB, very strong and true to their name :thumbsup2:.  Am hoping for the best when put in wax.

I love Flaming ! lOL I am waiting on a recent order from Flaming as well. I love, love, ,love their Endless Weekend BBW type. I tried a sample & ordered a pound bottle on Monday. I also ordered Mandarin Cranberry ,Redwood Cedar, Pink Chiffon BBW Type along with a few others.I order from Flaming often.  I think you will like their oils, love their low cost shipping. Flaming is definitely one of my main suppliers .I use FB for a lot of BBW types & other Lush type scents. I love  FB Amber Blush BBW ,Beach & some of the Lush type dupes. I buy my wax from Candlewic, Aztec & Peak. If you use clamshells then Maple Street has the lowest cost for these. I used to use these & switched to silicone shaped molds.. I thought about using both ,due to the low cost MS offers for these. This fragrance oil is very addictive. I have many I am going to sell ,so I can replace with more different scents. I know a lot of crafters sell oils here .I may try this when I get thru organizing my shop. This is my new years resolution :)

Get organized & clean out. I have some Palm wax I ordered a while back & wanted to try it for wax melts ,have heard some great reviews on Palm tarts. I should start a new thread on Palm wax melts & get some feedback .I know there are some wonderful experienced crafters here & everyone is so great .I have learned a lot here & just love reading all the post. I was wandering if you make just wax melts? Forgive me if you already posted your craft LOL:)

I have never made soap & it seems to be so popular. I do make candles on occasion ,just takes a lot of testing with every scent ,containers, wicks  etc... It is nice when you finally get one that performs great. I only have a tad bit of patience ,so candles take a lot of patience. I have made many & will keep at it I'm sure. I am sure you posted what you make & I can go back & read . The wax melts are my favorite. I do want to make room spray & have not been able to find the base I can decide on as of yet .I also have aroma bead supplies for car ornies..I need to get started with these ,they are very popular here in my home town. I have a small toaster oven for this project & want to make & sell them. The wax melts keep me so busy, hard to venture out with other projects. Good luck with everything & keep me posted on your scents. I will do the same on my Indigo order. It has been so nice talking to you :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I love Flaming ! lOL I am waiting on a recent order from Flaming as well. I love, love, ,love their Endless Weekend BBW type. I tried a sample & ordered a pound bottle on Monday. I also ordered Mandarin Cranberry ,Redwood Cedar, Pink Chiffon BBW Type along with a few others.I order from Flaming often.  I think you will like their oils, love their low cost shipping. Flaming is definitely one of my main suppliers .I use FB for a lot of BBW types & other Lush type scents. I love  FB Amber Blush BBW ,Beach & some of the Lush type dupes. I buy my wax from Candlewic, Aztec & Peak. If you use clamshells then Maple Street has the lowest cost for these. I used to use these & switched to silicone shaped molds.. I thought about using both ,due to the low cost MS offers for these. This fragrance oil is very addictive. I have many I am going to sell ,so I can replace with more different scents. I know a lot of crafters sell oils here .I may try this when I get thru organizing my shop. This is my new years resolution :)

Get organized & clean out. I have some Palm wax I ordered a while back & wanted to try it for wax melts ,have heard some great reviews on Palm tarts. I should start a new thread on Palm wax melts & get some feedback .I know there are some wonderful experienced crafters here & everyone is so great .I have learned a lot here & just love reading all the post. I was wandering if you make just wax melts? Forgive me if you already posted your craft LOL:)

I have never made soap & it seems to be so popular. I do make candles on occasion ,just takes a lot of testing with every scent ,containers, wicks  etc... It is nice when you finally get one that performs great. I only have a tad bit of patience ,so candles take a lot of patience. I have made many & will keep at it I'm sure. I am sure you posted what you make & I can go back & read . The wax melts are my favorite. I do want to make room spray & have not been able to find the base I can decide on as of yet .I also have aroma bead supplies for car ornies..I need to get started with these ,they are very popular here in my home town. I have a small toaster oven for this project & want to make & sell them. The wax melts keep me so busy, hard to venture out with other projects. Good luck with everything & keep me posted on your scents. I will do the same on my Indigo order. It has been so nice talking to you :)

I ordered from Flaming mostly because their shipping costs for wax is wonderful and they happened to have a lot of people who love almost all of their oils, so I was sold!  Good to know that they have so many more I have not yet tried that I would love to try :D  MS definitely has the best price on clams and it actually made me think about trying them.  I am still in testing phases of everything, so I have not yet settled on wax I absolutely love yet until I know how well they all perform together.  I am leaning towards parasoy but all paraffin seems to be nice as well.  I had good luck with 464 alone in the past but with select oils.  I am obsessed with shapes and they are the perfect size for melting and testing, so I am using molds for testing right now.  I guess I have not read up on palm really at all.  I came across it a few times and heard very mixed reviews, so I decided to pass at the time.  I used to make whipped body butters, sugar scrubs, lip scrubs, lip balms, roll on oils, bath fizzies and more from scratch once upon a time, but dont anymore due to melting and freezing during shipping (products were mostly butters and oils).  I had some people who did not want to pay for ice packs for shipping so it really cut into costs especially when you can only charge so much for skincare items anyways, so I stopped years ago.  It was also due to some family health issues going on, it all kind of happened at once so it seemed time to give it a break.  I love handcrafting very very much, so I am hoping to get back into bath stuff again sometime when everything settles down, but we will see.  I mostly loved traveling to craft fairs and meeting new people, such lovely people in the world.  I have always wanted to handcraft wax items because OBSESSED with scents is an understatement for me and there were so many scents I wanted to offer but know for sure there are some you just would not want to put on your body but would love to smell in the home, so I am very happy to be experimenting with wax now too.  CP soap is in the VERY distant future as I would like to get to know one difficult product at a time :lol:  I also love this forum and the people so so much :naughty: I am sure if I ever want to start CP soap, I will find helpful information here.  I love the rustic look of the CP vs. M&P and all the beautiful, unique things very talented people come up with.  Such an art and I appreciate every artist out there for such great talent.  Definitely understand about the candles.  I would love to venture into them at some point, but see more and more people having difficulties depending on certain oils (heavier vs lighter) with wicking up and down and all around to prevent this and that plus needing insurance.  I heard room sprays and aroma beads sell well, which I never would have thought would :confused:  I will keep you posted and good luck to you as well, I love talking to you and everyone else here <3  

• 4 months later...
On 12/18/2016 at 9:15 PM, lovelyscents said:

I've definitely researched suppliers closer to me due to shipping costs.  As far as wax goes...Bulk unfortunately doesn't carry GB wax, NG and TCS don't carry the wax I need and The candlemakers store I think equals out to the same overall total with shipping included as Flaming and I like Scents from Flaming so it makes sense to use them.  I'm not familiar with Scents at Candlemakers store.  Thank you so much for trying to help!

Hey, I know it's been a while, but I just checked BulkApothecary and they are carrying GB wax now. They are a little steep at $70.50 a case but if you can pick up that might be ok.

3 minutes ago, Chariste said:

Hey, I know it's been a while, but I just checked BulkApothecary and they are carrying GB wax now. They are a little steep at $70.50 a case but if you can pick up that might be ok.

I just noticed this while ordering more waxes for testing recently, yay!!  Thank you so much just in case I wouldnt have seen it.  :D

• Like 1