Candle business!

Hey all,

My friend is planning to start a new candle business. She makes different variety of candles. She sells it to family and friends. She is planning to sell to candle shops as wholesale and she was in need of a good packaging for her candles. So I searched online for creative packaging online and found  http://www.clearpak.com/ , but since we have not hired them before, need suggestions? Whether this would be a good option?

For what kind of candle? For any free standing candles like melts or pillars I wouldn't package in a clear package. The wax comes off and leaves greasy residues on those kind of packages and can look quite ugly in short order.

I have never seen a jar candle in a clear package so that might work but the package would have to be strong enough to hold the candle.

Votives would probably make the most sense to package in clear packaging.

For jar candles I would use a box and if she wants it to look professional have it printed by a printing company that specializes in labels.

Pillars can be shrinkwrapped and look very nice that way. She could have professional labels made to go on pillars then have them shrinkwrapped... and even boxed with labels on the box.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

I personally do not like wasteful packaging.  That being said, I agree with Candybee.  Also, regarding the shrinkwrap ... since most candle makers have a heat gun, it's easy to do that yourself and a nice label will carry that through, imo, on the retail end of things.

Edited by birdcharm

Well..first thing I notice is that this Clearpak company is based in Ontario maybe? You might want your friend to do some shipping cost quotes as international shipping isnt always cheap. Plus getting them through customs isnt always an easy task either. Some shipments may take a day to clear customs, then the next time she orders that order may take two weeks to clear. If you are in the USA i would focus on a closer, domestic supplier first