Aztec Smell of Christmas

8-GRAN-ONES

Hey.. wanted to ask is any of you that make candles... have anyone been able to make this without a fuel smell?

i believe it is one of my favorite scents..

i use soy 415 an cd wicks..

i would even buy a different wax just for this, if I could make it work for me..

i would appreciate any feedback on it, if you have had good luck

I buy from Aztec all the time ,you certainly have me wanting to try this scent. I use all paraffin so cannot help you with your question. I will order this scent on Black Friday & pour it using my paraffin ,will post results for you. Aztec is having a great Black Friday sale, just letting you know if your not aware already. I look forward to trying this scent. I am running behind on Christmas scents ,need to get on it soon. I usually wait for BF sales & get the bargains with a lot of suppliers. I do love Blue Spruce from Candlescience. Heading to Aztec now & check the scent notes. I am looking for a scent to call Christmas Gift Shoppe lol. Maybe try this in a different wax you have on hand ,Kat

20 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I buy from Aztec all the time ,you certainly have me wanting to try this scent. I use all paraffin so cannot help you with your question. I will order this scent on Black Friday & pour it using my paraffin ,will post results for you. Aztec is having a great Black Friday sale, just letting you know if your not aware already. I look forward to trying this scent. I am running behind on Christmas scents ,need to get on it soon. I usually wait for BF sales & get the bargains with a lot of suppliers. I do love Blue Spruce from Candlescience. Heading to Aztec now & check the scent notes. I am looking for a scent to call Christmas Gift Shoppe lol. Maybe try this in a different wax you have on hand ,Kat

oh, oh, oh......Love that name Kat...."Christmas Gift Shop"!

Trappeur

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Trappeur said:

oh, oh, oh......Love that name Kat...."Christmas Gift Shop"!

Trappeur

Trappeur , Yes I came up with the name Christmas Gift Shoppe ,or Shop Lol .Not sure which way I want to spell this one .I just need a good oil to fit the name. Sometimes just a name can actually move a scent .I have changed names on some slow sellers & works most every time. A little off topic here but wanted to tell you I blended Indiana PPW with Maple streets PPW . WOW!!!  gave the oil the depth that we are looking for ,had a brainstorm a few days ago on this. I thought I wonder what would happen if I blended the both together ????? I blend everything else I can get my hands on ,so why not try this one .Gosh the results worked for me ,I can really SMELL the difference on the PPW now. It has been such a journey replacing this one .I had settled on MS & it has been OK  for me , but still was not 100 % satisfied. I guess now I will start doing PPW blends & test for the best LOL...... I blended a different one last night & will test in a couple of days.. I added a very very small amount of pecan pie CS to the blend to see if I can get a little bit more pecan note . I thought I would share my mad scientist blending adventure with you. This may be a flop ,but worth a try. If it is awful ,I will certainly move forward with the ICS & MS blend. I hope you try some blending & between the both of us ,we can replace the beloved PPW from TCS :)

Back to topic , I apologize for getting off subject here . I will be placing a order from Aztecs for the Smell of Christmas & hopefully I will have my Christmas Gift Shop , Kat

Kat, that sounds awesome that blend.  Can you believe I still haven't tested the PPW yet?  I just have to get through the next couple hundred candles this week for my apple orchard account so I can get all these tons of sample I have been ordering all this past month and I DESPERATELY have to get going on the waffle ones.  I haven't had a chance to breathe.....Bear with me another week and things will settle down for a day or so and I'll get these things tested and post my findings.   Oh my too, I'm definitely going to do your custom blend!  And the pecan pie mixed in sounds so divine too!   

Trappeur

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2016 at 0:35 PM, katmeltswax said:

Trappeur , Yes I came up with the name Christmas Gift Shoppe ,or Shop Lol .Not sure which way I want to spell this one .I just need a good oil to fit the name. Sometimes just a name can actually move a scent .I have changed names on some slow sellers & works most every time. A little off topic here but wanted to tell you I blended Indiana PPW with Maple streets PPW . WOW!!!  gave the oil the depth that we are looking for ,had a brainstorm a few days ago on this. I thought I wonder what would happen if I blended the both together ????? I blend everything else I can get my hands on ,so why not try this one .Gosh the results worked for me ,I can really SMELL the difference on the PPW now. It has been such a journey replacing this one .I had settled on MS & it has been OK  for me , but still was not 100 % satisfied. I guess now I will start doing PPW blends & test for the best LOL...... I blended a different one last night & will test in a couple of days.. I added a very very small amount of pecan pie CS to the blend to see if I can get a little bit more pecan note . I thought I would share my mad scientist blending adventure with you. This may be a flop ,but worth a try. If it is awful ,I will certainly move forward with the ICS & MS blend. I hope you try some blending & between the both of us ,we can replace the beloved PPW from TCS :)

Back to topic , I apologize for getting off subject here . I will be placing a order from Aztecs for the Smell of Christmas & hopefully I will have my Christmas Gift Shop , Kat

HI Kat,

I know it was off topic but I too have been on a search for PPW, but haven't tried Maple street or even thought about blending 2 of the same scent oil.  May I ask what was wrong with each on their own?  How was the blend with a bit more pecan from CS?  Also, do you order other scents from ICS and maple street?  If so, what are your favorite oils and which one would you keep and which eliminate if you had to?