Transporting to shows.

Just wondering what you all use to transport candles and wax melts to craft shows or home parties etc... I don't want to just use boxes (seems to unprofessional) but winder what kind of totes or whatever would be safe and not pull scent out of the product being stored in them?

I am not into lifting heavy totes, so I use rolling suitcases.  Packing them can be tricky tho, and they still have to be lifted into the car, but they are so much easier to transport from the car to your setup.  I haven't had an issue with any tote or box pulling the scent out.. as long as your candles have lids and wax melts are in sealed containers.

• Like 1

I see other vendors at craft shows using the large plastic containers like krazekelly's. Makes your melts easy to pack, stack, and move them using a handtruck/dolly.

For candles I repack them in the original boxes the glassware came in and load them on my handtruck to transport them from car to show and back again.

If you don't have a handtruck invest in a good one. You will save your back and time being able to transport boxes, crates, totes, plastic bins, etc. instead of carrying them in your arms.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ThisLittleLightOfMine said:

Krazekelly did you drill holes near the top of these totes?

Yes there are holes because these used to be used for our snakes until we upgraded enclosures ? They work perfectly for my soaps since they allow air flow. 

• Like 1

I also pack my soap in large plastic containers but don't have any holes punched in them. I found it isn't necessary. I also sometimes leave my soap packed in the containers overnight for some out of town events. So another thing to think about is if the area is humid, rainy, dusty, smoky, smelly, etc. and you want to keep your product dry, clean, and dust free, the containers seal them nicely from the environment.

My soap is packed in these beautiful display boxes I place on my tables. I just close up the boxes and pack them in the large containers for transport. I also use containers for my table linens and a whole lot of other stuff. They are stackable and easy to transport on a handtruck.

I used to transport my candle boxes and melts too in the large plastic containers. Of course now I take so many candle boxes they are just easier to put on the handtruck. If its rainy I just toss a plastic throw over the boxes until I can get them indoors or under my canopy tent.

Me too! I keep the stuff I already have in the containers packed because I have a market or craft show every weekend all year round. I just keep adding more stock to the containers for what I need for the next show. I also pretty much keep the car packed all year long too. This is a full time job for me so I have to be efficient while keeping my product fresh and clean for presentation.

• Like 1