Making melts out of 4630 can I use beeswax to harden

Hi everybody

i want to add melts to my candle stock! I tried it then realized my wax is to soft . I love my wax and don't want to switch can I add alittle beeswax to harden it that way I am still getting my wax and the same scent. If so how much should I add ?

Thanks

Kim

@Moonstar I love it it has been very good to me I get a good hot throw with almost everything !  Which is why I dont realy want to switch to another wax I was thinking at the end of my pour if I could just add alittle beeswax to harden it  then I could keep my sent throw and get it hard enough to stay firm in the molds . I guess I could mix it with a pillar wax instead I know the bath  and body people at our market use bees wax to harden their lip balms and deodorants and etc .

• Like 1

Doesn't hurt to try the beeswax I guess. Only thing that has stopped me from trying beeswax is release of mold, because its such a hard wax. But I guess if

your using a small amount it might not hurt to try. Id use white processed beeswax so the scent of the beeswax doesn't interfere with your FO ? 

Let us know what you try + how it works out . I for one am curious now :) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chariste said:

I use soy Pillar Blend with 4630 in my melts. Gives enough rigidity that the melts pop out of the clam cleanly and break apart nicely. They have a nice creamy appearance and great throw as well. 

That's encouraging to hear :) I just received my 4630 & plan on mixing with my soy pillar blend

is 50/50 a good place to start or do you feel less pillar. I'm really encouraged by posts about 4630

cant wait try this out :) 

thank you in advance 

I use a 75/25 PB to 4630 ratio. I would have to dig up my notes to be sure, but I believe I first tried a 50/50 and it was way too soft, imo. Difficult to get out of the mold and left a feeling of residue on the skin when breaking off a square. I do like a little snap in my melts, to be fair. :) Hope that helps.

• Like 1

well I tried 1.5 % BWax and its to soft tried 3% to soft I was hoping it would be easy so I could just add a little BW at the end of a pour to harden but its not looking good do all of you pour separate batches for your melts ?

18 hours ago, Chariste said:

I use a 75/25 PB to 4630 ratio. I would have to dig up my notes to be sure, but I believe I first tried a 50/50 and it was way too soft, imo. Difficult to get out of the mold and left a feeling of residue on the skin when breaking off a square. I do like a little snap in my melts, to be fair. :) Hope that helps.

Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Beeswax is tricky to work with. You will need far more than 3% for that blend. And beeswax changes as it ages, becoming much harder  and harder to burn/melt, so you really don't know what it will end up like after a few months. 

• Like 2