Christmas Oils from JS?

Belinda

I just ordered Candy Cane Cupcakes & Buttery Gingerbread.  Both are nice - esp BG.  I get mostly white chocolate cake notes and a little bit of mint for CCC, but... I've only smelled out of bottle.  I need to put into some wax and see what blooms.  Buttery Gingerbread is exactly what I was hoping it would be.  It reminds me slightly of CS Hansel & Gretel but more spicy.

The only other one from them I've tried that I'd classify as Christmas would be Vanilla Pinecones.  My notes were a softer pine, smells slightly minty but definitely a Christmas type scent.

If you get Peppermint Bark, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.  I've noticed it's a best seller, but I haven't tried it yet.

HTH :)

• Like 1

Thank you! I have Buttery Gingerbread and love it but haven't tried the candy cane cupcakes or vanilla pine cones. I had a sample of VPC in my cart and took it out thinking I would get pine cones from CS and blend my own. I probably shouldve tried the one from JS LOL!

Thanks again for your input. I may have to try CCC next time I order from her. I'll let you know how the Peppermint bark is. I've used the one from CS and ended up ordering a bottle from them too. There's just something about JS's website that draws me in LOL!

Thanks again!

I hear you!  I have known about JS for a long time but never ordered until a month ago.  I've already put in my second order (had to take advantage of their 1lb sale) and keep finding more that I want to try! :)  I know you asked for Christmas scents, but have to say that I've tried a few of their dupes and they have been pretty spot on!  Most are OOB opinions so I have to test my individual applications, but I know their Vanilla Bean Marshmallow is dead on in my candles.  BBW doesn't sell it anymore and it was my absolute fave so I'm super pumped about finding a supplier for the FO!!

I'd be interested to hear how JS compares to CS for Peppermint Bark.  I have a couple CS samples somewhere.  And let me know if you want me to send you some sniffies for CCC.  I have that and one from RE/AH.  I prefer the RE/AH version I think -- it just seems brighter.

1 hour ago, bells4shells said:

I hear you!  I have known about JS for a long time but never ordered until a month ago.  I've already put in my second order (had to take advantage of their 1lb sale) and keep finding more that I want to try! :)  I know you asked for Christmas scents, but have to say that I've tried a few of their dupes and they have been pretty spot on!  Most are OOB opinions so I have to test my individual applications, but I know their Vanilla Bean Marshmallow is dead on in my candles.  BBW doesn't sell it anymore and it was my absolute fave so I'm super pumped about finding a supplier for the FO!!

I'd be interested to hear how JS compares to CS for Peppermint Bark.  I have a couple CS samples somewhere.  And let me know if you want me to send you some sniffies for CCC.  I have that and one from RE/AH.  I prefer the RE/AH version I think -- it just seems brighter.

So what are your favorites that you've tried from there ? Do you use soy ... Ive been testing 464 + I use para soy for melts. Ive never ordered from JS 

but like Belinda said, their photos draw you in. Or they do me anyhow lol ! Im also a sucker for packaging though lol ! 

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

So what are your favorites that you've tried from there ? Do you use soy ... Ive been testing 464 + I use para soy for melts. Ive never ordered from JS 

but like Belinda said, their photos draw you in. Or they do me anyhow lol ! Im also a sucker for packaging though lol ! 

I use EL soy.  The only FO I've put in wax is the Vanilla Bean Marshmallow.  It was phenomenal.  Great CT/HT with a week cure.  

Here are some of my faves - OOB
Cake Batter Fudge (this is not as heavy as I was anticipating, but still really yummy with candy notes)

Lime Basil Mandarin (jo malone type that's pretty spot on compared to my Cologne)

Walk on Air (kate spade type that's pretty spot on compared to my EDP)
Lemon Magnolia (I've never smelled the real deal, but this is just beautiful)
Rosemary Grapefruit (zesty clean and unisex - unique)
Cotton Candy (I got the super strong version and it's amazing OOB)
Sugar Cookie Bomb (lighter vanilla but soooo good)
Buttercream Bomb (exactly what it sounds like)
Avocado & Sea Salt (smells fresh and pretty - I've smelled something similar but can't put my finger on it)
Vanilla Bourbon (smells like high quality vanilla extract to me with a touch of bourbon)

I have a ton of their vanillas, bakery types as well as their other Jo Malone dupes on my list of "to try" and their Bodacious Buys are tempting price-wise!  Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack, but hopefully this helps those who haven't bit the bullet yet. ;) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bells4shells said:

I use EL soy.  The only FO I've put in wax is the Vanilla Bean Marshmallow.  It was phenomenal.  Great CT/HT with a week cure.  

Here are some of my faves - OOB
Cake Batter Fudge (this is not as heavy as I was anticipating, but still really yummy with candy notes)

Lime Basil Mandarin (jo malone type that's pretty spot on compared to my Cologne)

Walk on Air (kate spade type that's pretty spot on compared to my EDP)
Lemon Magnolia (I've never smelled the real deal, but this is just beautiful)
Rosemary Grapefruit (zesty clean and unisex - unique)
Cotton Candy (I got the super strong version and it's amazing OOB)
Sugar Cookie Bomb (lighter vanilla but soooo good)
Buttercream Bomb (exactly what it sounds like)
Avocado & Sea Salt (smells fresh and pretty - I've smelled something similar but can't put my finger on it)
Vanilla Bourbon (smells like high quality vanilla extract to me with a touch of bourbon)

I have a ton of their vanillas, bakery types as well as their other Jo Malone dupes on my list of "to try" and their Bodacious Buys are tempting price-wise!  Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack, but hopefully this helps those who haven't bit the bullet yet. ;) 

Lemon Magnolia sounds really good. Whats EL soy ? Is it similar to 464 or 415 ? I love Jo Malone but only get it once in a blue moon - so pricey :( 

Im wondering since her company was bought out if the formulas will change. It seems as if they always do. Possibly because she doesn't sell the 

original formula ??? I'll have to give JS a try one of these days . Thanks for chiming in :) 

I don't use soy but some of my favorites from her that are strong in paraffin are:

Chestnnuts  & Brown Sugar

Santa Baby

Absolutely Fabulous Cake

Apple Butterscotch Cake

Aspen Caramel Woods'

Bahama Mama

Berry Buttercream Puffs

Birthday Cake

Buttercream Sugar Cookie

Blonde Moment

Blue Cotton Candy

Caramel Cinnamon Latte

Country Berry Hotcakes

Coffee Ice Cream

Cotton Candy

Coconut Milk and Lavender 

Downy Lavender and Vanilla

Flip Flops

Frosted Pumpkins

Glade Glistening Snow

Jingle Bells

Marshmallow Fireside

My Momma's Blueberry Cobbler

Orange Chiffon Cake

Orange Caramel Crumble

Serendipity

There are more that I've used but I can't think of them.

Like everyone else she has some good oils and bad ones. A lot of hers smell weak OOB but come alive in wax. I've been pleasantly surprised by several of them. 

I need to put my sample of vanilla bean marshmallow in wax. It smelled light to me out of the bottle but with the review you gave it I'm anxious to get it in wax now LOL!

18 hours ago, bells4shells said:

Hi there :) I went on JS to view the Vanilla Bean Marshmallow + the top notes are anise licorice, do you pick up on the licorice notes ? Seems like

a weird note for a VBM plus Im not a huge fan of anise especially in a candle. Thanks :) 

14 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Lemon Magnolia sounds really good. Whats EL soy ? Is it similar to 464 or 415 ? I love Jo Malone but only get it once in a blue moon - so pricey :( 

Im wondering since her company was bought out if the formulas will change. It seems as if they always do. Possibly because she doesn't sell the 

original formula ??? I'll have to give JS a try one of these days . Thanks for chiming in :) 

EL is Enchanted Lites.  Well, American Soy now that they were bought out.  I haven't tried either of the soys you mentioned so I can't say for sure.  I hear you on Jo Malone.  Super pricey, but worth it - the colognes last forever!

13 hours ago, Belinda said:

Like everyone else she has some good oils and bad ones. A lot of hers smell weak OOB but come alive in wax. I've been pleasantly surprised by several of them. 

I need to put my sample of vanilla bean marshmallow in wax. It smelled light to me out of the bottle but with the review you gave it I'm anxious to get it in wax now LOL!

You listed more that I need to add to my wishlist.  lol  Glad to see ones that have worked well for you.  I wasn't excited when I smelled the VBM from the bottle, but I was hoping it would be the same as what I loved about the original BBW candles.  It really does come alive after a cure in wax and dead on for me!

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Hi there :) I went on JS to view the Vanilla Bean Marshmallow + the top notes are anise licorice, do you pick up on the licorice notes ? Seems like

a weird note for a VBM plus Im not a huge fan of anise especially in a candle. Thanks :) 

I don't get an anise note at all - just yummy vanilla & marshmallow notes!  lol  :D  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bells4shells said:

EL is Enchanted Lites.  Well, American Soy now that they were bought out.  I haven't tried either of the soys you mentioned so I can't say for sure.  I hear you on Jo Malone.  Super pricey, but worth it - the colognes last forever!

You listed more that I need to add to my wishlist.  lol  Glad to see ones that have worked well for you.  I wasn't excited when I smelled the VBM from the bottle, but I was hoping it would be the same as what I loved about the original BBW candles.  It really does come alive after a cure in wax and dead on for me!

I don't get an anise note at all - just yummy vanilla & marshmallow notes!  lol  :D  

Ok thanks ! Weird how its listed as a top note ? I think I might try it then - you said its strong in candle wax ... do you do 1 or 1.5 oz pp thanks +

sorry to be a nuisance lol !

On October 24, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Belinda said:

Anyone use any JS Christmas FO's? I have a few but am needing to order some Peppermint Bark and thought I would try hers but didn't want to just order one oil.

Thanks!

Hey Belinda ... did you receive your peppermint bark from JS yet ? Wondering what you thought . 

On 11/1/2016 at 5:01 PM, Moonstar said:

Hey Belinda ... did you receive your peppermint bark from JS yet ? Wondering what you thought . 

I did and it smells divine to me! I think it might have a little more of a chocolate note to it than the one from CS but I'll have to sniff them side by side. It's good though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

I did and it smells divine to me! I think it might have a little more of a chocolate note to it than the one from CS but I'll have to sniff them side by side. It's good though!

Already ordered it a few days ago along with the vanilla bean marshmallow lol ! Have a great weekend my friend :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Already ordered it a few days ago along with the vanilla bean marshmallow lol ! Have a great weekend my friend :) 

I think I want to order their vanilla bean marshmallow too! Let me know how you like it once it gets in wax! I hope you have a great weekend too!

• Like 1

oh god........more things to order!  You guys are so so so bad.  I want the vanilla bean marshmallow myself!  Peppermint bark from CS I agree doesn't have much of the chocolate coming through..but it is nice.  Geesh I just made a big candle in North Pole from Flaming and can't wait to try that out!  

Trappeur

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Hey there :) I ordered the VBM and went ahead + got the Peppermint Bark too - have you tried the Peppermint Meringue or Vanilla Sugar cone - thanks :) 

I've got peppermint meringue and vanilla sugar cone if you'd like, I'll send you a sample. I like them both. Kind of light but great scents in my opinion.