Introduction

I am so glad I found this forum, I was starting to think there weren't any active candle making message boards out there anymore!

A little about me: I started making candles in 1997 in my kitchen. Initially, I started making them because I was looking for a new hobby and candle making sounded interesting. Before long, it became an addiction! I am sure more than a few of you can relate to that :). I started out with votives, pillars and containers. Then I ventured into gel candles,  hurricane shells with pictures embedded in them, and then other things embedded with wax. A few years after I had been making candles people started to offer to buy them (by this time I had a kitchen full of candles in boxes that were made, i had small children at the time and didn't burn candles). Since I didn't sell them and needed room in my kitchen, I just gave them away. One of the people who I had given candles to told me I should sell them. I had never thought about selling them and never knew so many people loved candles. I ended up telling him that I wasn't interested in selling them, that I had plenty to give away. He came over and got more, he called me the next day and said I needed to get a price list together because he had sold what I had given him and was bringing me the money. So, I made a price list and Candle Land was born, along with my first sales rep. So, for 10 years, that was my "job". It is true when they say "If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life".  When the housing market crashed happened I ended up moving and life just sort of took over and I never got back into making candles on a full time basis. I do need to add: when I moved and bought my next house, the first thing that was set up was a candle making area in the basement. I set that up before my bedroom was set up!

Life has calmed down and I am ready to start up again and am excited to see so many new candle makers! I know I am going to enjoy this message board. Years ago, I was on the Candle Cauldron site (the message board and the chat), my screen name was myangels.

Happy Candlemaking!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...