Oval Tins

Has anyone tried making candles in oval shaped containers? I bet figuring out the wicking gets complicated but this black with gold trim is gorgeous. Wish they has them in round tins. They have black with silver trim in round but not gold darn it.

Screenshot_2016-10-04-18-45-16.png

Edited by Pamaroma
  • Like 1

I would get 1 first to test. I once tried one with a similar type tin and I had leaking issues + the tin became super hot. Weird because Ive used 

vintage tins before and had no issues. SKS bottle has gold round tins but I don't recall if they are advertised for candles or not. 

• Like 1

I spotted an oval mold on sale recently ... yes, the first thing that came to my mind was how to wick ... I think that's a case where two smaller wicks would work better.  I agree that if you were to try out the container, to just get one to check it out.

1 hour ago, Faerywren said:

I really like papermart! I've ordered from them for years. I haven't tried their tins, though.

Glad to hear that because I viewed a lot of items of I liked on their site. I might have to place an order soon now :)

I use papermart all the time for my packaging materials, etc.

I recently ordered some tins similar to what you are talking about (just not oval).

Ill be testing the next few days. Haven't had leaking issues though. Pretty sure they are seamless, but now Ill have to doublecheck.

My main concern is going to be rusting. I didnt see anywhere that they were coated like many candle suppliers show to prevent rust.

Guess we will find out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

I use papermart all the time for my packaging materials, etc.

I recently ordered some tins similar to what you are talking about (just not oval).

Ill be testing the next few days. Haven't had leaking issues though. Pretty sure they are seamless, but now Ill have to doublecheck.

My main concern is going to be rusting. I didnt see anywhere that they were coated like many candle suppliers show to prevent rust.

Guess we will find out

Great, let me know! I think some of their tins are advertised as being rust proof but not all of them.

• Like 1