Very silly question but if there is one thing I hate to do is wipe out old remaining of wax in order to reuse my jars.  What do you find to be the easiest way?  As of now, I reheat them in the oven and use a paper napkin to clean the jar but then it takes forever to wipe it totally clean.   I know there are more important questions to ask but UGH!!! I hate doing this.   Thanks 

I heat them in the oven, pour out the wax, wipe with paper towels, wash in hot water with Dawn dish liquid, wipe reasonably dry, and put back in the oven to fully dry......usually done all the while I am melting wax to repour into them.  I use my tester containers over and over and over and over.  (I also save all the leftover wax in a separate pour pot to reuse for fire starters.)

My sample jars are the only ones I clean out and reuse, nothing for resale.

I get as much of the wax out in much the same way you do.  Then I soak them in hot, hot water that has Dawn dishwashing soap in it.  Dawn is the best to get rid of grease.  I use a plastic pan instead of my sink so I can throw the water outside when done instead of sending waxy water down the drain.  

Goldie

So i guess the magic word here is Dawn.... I do the same but I don't use soap detergent. I have always tried with alcohol.  I will use Dawn going forward.   I do not sell my candles.  It is for my personal use and family and friends (gifting). Thanks guys

If I clean them immediately after using them... its not usually too much trouble. I wipe out with paper towels. Spray with alcohol, wipe out again. Spray with alcohol again and let it sit while I use the next pot. Then just wipe it down again a little later.

If I didn't clean them right away and they have sat.. then I do what everyone else does. Heat and wipe down then. Then clean with dish soap and dry.

• Like 1