Aztec NEW wax AAK 94 soy tart wax

Aztec has a new soy tart blend wax .AAK 94 .Has anyone ever tried this wax ? I was shopping for oils & came across this one. I have 3 paraffin waxes I use for molded tarts. I have always wanted to try soy .Any suggestions for a good soy tart ? I do not like smudges on cello bags .I am open for suggestions :)

Edited by katmeltswax
TYPO ERROR
  • Like 1

Im wondering if thats the same one I saw on Fillmore but a different name ? Fillmore has  Golden Brand Soy wax/tart  but I didn't try. Ive used 

Ecosoya 135 with Eco Pillar wax - overall its pretty good but I find that people that are really into the was melts expect them to be super strong

I actually tried the Walmart melts before that everyone raves about + some of the scents were too strong for me. I actually felt like they were 

getting into my mouth - it was so weird. One in particular was the Lemon poundcake, which to me didn't smell like LPC - I tried the lemon 

sugar cookie too, they both had the same real sour note to them. Getting back to the soy wax - I've also added a bit of palm wax + that seems

to help. Id really like to try a blend of soy + beeswax and see how that is. Ive heard good things.

I have no experience with soy,bees or palm .The palm & bees blend sounds interesting. I will check Fillmore& see what I can learn .I am almost tempted to try this new wax from Aztec & add some CW 129 . I have used The candlesource tart blend & like it as far as scent throw , just not to happy with the finished appearance. It also seems to have a crumbly texture to it & smudges cello bags . I do blend 4630 & 4625 with some scents that will not throw in the CW129. I think the Walmart tarts are made with 4794 ,a boom throw at first & then the scent sizzles away in about a hour. I may talk myself into trying this new wax & just see what happens .It is not offered in a sample bag ,so I would end up with 50lbs if I jump in. It would be a $54 chance I would have to take + shipping . I have read very good reviews on palm wax tarts & often wandered should I try this one too. I have always wanted to try soy & the reason I have not is I have no patience for cure time LOL :)

I will be happy to post results. Aztec website claims no frosting ,so hope to get good results .I have no experience with soy & want to give it a try. I have a lot of people ask for soy tarts & I use all paraffin. I am not real sure how long this wax has to cure ,but guessing at least 7 days. I wished I knew what soy this wax contains. It just says soy tart blend ,so keeping my fingers crossed. This is a new Aztec item & has no reviews ,so I am willing to check it out. I do love most of Aztec fragrance oils ,so I will give this wax a try. I will never know until I try right ? What issues are you having with the soy pillar blend?

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing much hot throw.    I've mixed it with 415, and it's marginally better, but not by much.   I've added universal soy additive--I think it's better, but it could simply be wishful thinking.  

The only two fragrances I've tried that have  blown the doors off are Candle Science's Coriander & Tonka Bean and The Candle Maker Store's Chocolate Covered Cherries.   I've had to scale back from 1.5 oz per pound to 1 oz.     -_-    That's out of 70 different fragrances I've put into wax.   Most have been very light throw with a few with a medium throw.   It's struggling even with Candle Cocoon FOs, which is absurd to me.

I'm currently blending palm with the PB instead, and I think that may ultimately be a winning combination, but even thought it's RTSPO (I forget the acronym) sourced, it's still going to raise the flag for some about rainforest habitat destruction.  

EDIT:   I are grammEr. 

Edited by KrisS
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KrisS said:

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing much hot throw.    I've mixed it with 415, and it's marginally better, but not by much.   I've added universal soy additive--I think it's better, but it could simply be wishful thinking.  

The only two fragrances I've tried that have  blown the doors off are Candle Science's Coriander & Tonka Bean and The Candle Maker Store's Chocolate Covered Cherries.   I've had to scale back from 1.5 oz per pound to 1 oz.     -_-    That's out of 70 different fragrances I've put into wax.   Most have been very light throw with a few with a medium throw.   It's struggling even with Candle Cocoon FOs, which is absurd to me.

I'm currently blending palm with the PB instead, and I think that may ultimately be a winning combination, but even thought it's RTSPO (I forget the acronym) sourced, it's still going to raise the flag for some about rainforest habitat destruction.  

EDIT:   I are grammEr. 

Is PB Eco pillar ? I've also used 

Eco PB with 6006 & a touch of feather Palm - it's pretty good 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Is PB Eco pillar ? I've also used 

Eco PB with 6006 & a touch of feather Palm - it's pretty good 

I've tried it mixed with 3 or 4 different waxes, and I'm still not satisfied with it.    I'll eventually find something, but it's taking a lot of time and resources.

• Like 1

KrisS , I checked Fillmore website & Moonstar is correct on this AKK soy, they do carry the same wax. Aztec does not offer sampler bags & Fillmore does offer sampler bags .I believe it is 2lbs & the price is much lower. I decided to check this out before jumping in on a case from Aztec. I am not familiar with Fillmore & hate to add another supplier ,but I think I will check out the shipping & try this in the sampler bag instead. I have also read great reviews on some of their oils for the holidays .I want to try their cedar garland along with a few more. I was wandering if maybe your PB soy supplier is shipping you some bad batches ,just a thought. Have you tried a different supplier for your soy?

Moonstar ,Where do you get your palm & what kind do you use ? I know I have seen different types of palm wax & would be completely lost without some advise on this one. I order my paraffin from Candlewic & they do have some palm waxes. What would you suggest for palm blend ? Oh another question if you don't mind :)

Do you think palm & paraffin would make a good tart ? I know I will have to do the math on the melting points as well. Thank you for your help. I am wanting to try some different wax blends with soy ,so may as well check out some palm too ,it never ends Lol

I get request for soy & wanting to offer both paraffin & soy tarts .Many thanks for your suggestions & I appreciate your help. Sorry so many ?????? Thank you bunches ,Kathy

KrisS , I have a suggestion for your PB ,try adding a little 4630 container blend to you wax. I think you will see some better results. If you are willing to work with paraffin ,4630 is a wonderful wax with great throw. I love to try different blends & you could go 50 PB 25 %4630 & 25% 4625 . I think this would make a awesome tart ,just a suggestion & I am no pro .I have tried different paraffin blends & happy with mine .I wanted to add soy to my line & willing to try the AKK 94 & see what happens. I will post results as soon as I get this wax & make a test batch . I see you are struggling with the PB & I truly believe you should not give up on your PB ,just try some blending & paraffin is a great helper . I know you can get where you want to be ,just keep trying :)

• Like 1

On 10/8/2016 at 10:31 AM, katmeltswax said:

KrisS , I have a suggestion for your PB ,try adding a little 4630 container blend to you wax. I think you will see some better results. If you are willing to work with paraffin ,4630 is a wonderful wax with great throw. I love to try different blends & you could go 50 PB 25 %4630 & 25% 4625 . I think this would make a awesome tart ,just a suggestion & I am no pro .I have tried different paraffin blends & happy with mine .I wanted to add soy to my line & willing to try the AKK 94 & see what happens. I will post results as soon as I get this wax & make a test batch . I see you are struggling with the PB & I truly believe you should not give up on your PB ,just try some blending & paraffin is a great helper . I know you can get where you want to be ,just keep trying :)

I'm really wanting to make veggie waxes work.   I worked with paraffin a decade ago and liked it, but the area I'm in is filled with luxury homes and ladies who shop at Whole Foods weekly for groceries (instead of special occasions) and the idea of anything closer to natural. -_-  Not that there's much truly natural about anything other than beeswax and tallow.   So much processing to turn everything into wax.

Yes I can understand why you want to stay with soy :)

I would suggest trying to find a container soy to blend with your pillar wax & you will eventually find the perfect blend. I do want to try soy myself ,I have a lot of customers asking for soy melts. I have also read good reviews on palm wax melts. I may give it a try as well. I am very happy with the paraffin blends I use & will keep pouring these ,just would like to have a variety of waxes .

On October 4, 2016 at 1:05 PM, katmeltswax said:

Moonstar ,Where do you get your palm & what kind do you use ? I know I have seen different types of palm wax & would be completely lost without some advise on this one. I order my paraffin from Candlewic & they do have some palm waxes. What would you suggest for palm blend ? Oh another question if you don't mind :)

Do you think palm & paraffin would make a good tart ? I know I will have to do the math on the melting points as well. Thank you for your help. I am wanting to try some different wax blends with soy ,so may as well check out some palm too ,it never ends Lol

I get request for soy & wanting to offer both paraffin & soy tarts .Many thanks for your suggestions & I appreciate your help. Sorry so many ?????? Thank you bunches ,Kathy

Sorry I just now saw this .... Awhile back ago I bought sample boxes from Fillmore - you get 5 lbs for a very good price IMO - I got Feather Palm 

As far as your question about palm + paraffin only - Im not sure, Ive never used just those 2. I would try it but I'm not sure of the melt point of your 

paraffin + palm is a harder wax . Do you have a pillar blend of soy. When you go to the Fillmore site you'll see the waxes they offer. which BTW 

they don't carry para soy or paraffin. Or they didn't 3-4 months ago anyhow. Let me know what you decide + how it worked for you :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Aztec soy tart blend is set to be out for delivery to me today :)

I will keep you all posted on my results. KrisS ,I hope to have some good news for you with this one. I went ahead & ordered from Aztec & excited to see how this wax performs. Maybe this will turn out to make some good melts idk ...Will let ya know ,Kat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KrisS, I poured some crème brulee ,Italian cream cake ,pumpkin spice & Pumpkin pecan waffle with the Aztec soy tart blend. I have had some very good results with this wax .I wanted to let you know & I think you should try it for a replacement for your pillar soy .I know you were having trouble with your soy wax ,so I do recommend this blend for wax melts. I am very happy with this wax & will be adding soy to my line. My next project is going to be Palm wax. I would like to try palm for wax melts as well. I want a variety of different wax for customers to choose from. I just love wax & such fun trying different things. I  think some palm wax brittle would have a awesome appearance ,so my next test will be palm wax brittle.. I am to any suggestions for palm wax for tarts. ...I have been reading about the palm wax & trying to choose the right one for wax melts IDK . Aztec does offer the tart soy wax in sample packs .I hope you give this wax blend a try .I am sure it has pillar soy & not sure what other soy it contains ,could be 464 ,416,416,444 not sure .. It does perform well for me so far with bakery oils. I am placing a order for more . I hope this helps .I cured over a week .

• 9 months later...
On 10/1/2016 at 10:04 PM, katmeltswax said:

I have no experience with soy,bees or palm .The palm & bees blend sounds interesting. I will check Fillmore& see what I can learn .I am almost tempted to try this new wax from Aztec & add some CW 129 . I have used The candlesource tart blend & like it as far as scent throw , just not to happy with the finished appearance. It also seems to have a crumbly texture to it & smudges cello bags . I do blend 4630 & 4625 with some scents that will not throw in the CW129. I think the Walmart tarts are made with 4794 ,a boom throw at first & then the scent sizzles away in about a hour. I may talk myself into trying this new wax & just see what happens .It is not offered in a sample bag ,so I would end up with 50lbs if I jump in. It would be a $54 chance I would have to take + shipping . I have read very good reviews on palm wax tarts & often wandered should I try this one too. I have always wanted to try soy & the reason I have not is I have no patience for cure time LOL :)

I saw it in a 5lb sample bag on Aztec. Have you tried it yet (AAK Lp 416 soy tart wax?) 

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

I have been making melts with 416 and I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far - better than PB imo as of yet 

frosting is still possible I have some set aside to see and they set up kinda ugly but stearics are helping 

Is this the one from Aztec ... are you blending it with any other waves ? What about the FO load, what is the max it'll hold or is reccommended ?  

I ordered mine from bulk apothecary and used my normal 10% FO load straight 416

they pop out of the clams great but still working on pour temperatures to smooth out the tops- fragrance seems to last good but I have only tested a few so far 

I used to use a blend of 415 and PB, still not sure if I will be testing the new PB yet or not....we will see how the 416 goes