Recommendations For A Digital Scale + Temp Gun

Moonstar

Hey Moonstar,

For the thermometer I like a cheapo that I picked up at Harbor Freight Tools, it was on one of their weekend sales and then i used a 20% off coupon so got it total for about 12 bucks.  HERE is a link to the Thermo, and HERE is a link to their digital coupons.

As far as good soap making digital scale there are a couple versions that it seems a lot of people are using  search amazon for "my weigh scale".  They are accurate down to .1 oz, they do oz, grams, and bakery %.  Has a large sturdy weighing platform and a plastic cover for the buttons and screen.  HERE (KD7000) and HERE (KD8000) are a couple of the ones that were recommended to me.

Ken

Scale.jpg

Thermo.jpg

• Like 2

Wonderful, thank you so much for the links you provided ! I really need to get a new scale rrrrrr .... hate having to get so many things, but I need it 

I was searching some soap recipes and found what looks to be a nice recipe on Mountain Rose herbs for a herbal infused soap that Id love to try.

Im really glad you decided to join the forum, you've got great information to offer - thank you ! 

• Like 1

Your quite welcome, I did forget to mention that the scales listed above come pre-calibrated and should never need recalibrating so they are ready to use right out of the box.  Additionally if money is a concern you could also go with the harbor freight special for a scale found HERE (dont forget to use a coupon) with a pic below.  I used that one for a long time and it was a good trusty little scale.  I tested it with stock weights a couple times a year and it always read correctly.  It can read .05 oz or .01 grams and has sealed buttons.  I love this forum, I like the design and function a whole lot and the people are the most welcoming I have seen in a long time.  I did join a few other soaping forums but this is by far my favorite, I am so happy to be here.

Scale2.jpg

• Like 1

I use the KD8000. It's a great little inexpensive scale. I had the KD7000, and although there was nothing wrong with it, it wouldn't stay on because I was never able to get it programmed. It would always time-out on me, but my 8000 I was able to program and works so great. I highly recommend it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

So it looks like many are recommending the KD8000 - thanks so much as I value all of your opinions greatly :) 

You will not be sorry. You can get it off of amazon, or a seller named Old Will Knot (you can google it) Prices are very similar, and yes, as Shari said, get the power cord. It's cheap and then you don't have to worry about dead batteries. 

I don't have a recommendation for the thermometer, as I don't use one. 

• Like 2