Two FO deliveries today

CBeardly

I got orders from both Nature's Garden & Just Scent today.

I'm mostly happy with the NG order, at least OOB. I bought Spiced Cranberry, it smells mostly like sweet cinnamon & apples OOB, it's nice. Pomegranate Cider smells good, very sweet. I'm not sure about Christmas Thyme, it's kind of Pine-Sol-y OOB. Of course I had to get the traditional Christmas scent, Dill Pickle. :D I like it! It's like dill pickle, duh, with a creamy/floral note.

Unfortunately, I'm quite underwhelmed by the FOs from Just Scent so far OOB. I was seduced by the pictures on the website. :lol:

Peppermint Meringue reminded me a lot of WSP's Peppermint Cream. Marshmallow Bomb was so-so. I was hoping Nutmeg Spice would smell like BBW's Creamy Nutmeg, but there's something off about it to me, kind of strange. They were all weak OOB. Christmas Mulberry smelled nothing like Christmas nor mulberry. It smelled like Starburst fruit chews. My grandmother had a large mulberry tree in her yard so I know what they smell like. I've eaten my fair share of Starburst so I know what they smell like too. :P 

NG's spiced cranberry is very nice when burning - I use soy and it throws great 

I use many JS Oils but none of the ones you mentioned, I use cinnamon nutmeg clove, not nutmeg spice but I never smelled creamy nutmeg from BBW to compare for you

one thing I learned with JS is if OOB it's not impressive it could change drastically in wax - there are a couple I wasn't even going to bother and I am glad I did....but many didn't work either so you just never know until you make a finished product 

I found OOB if it strong it's definitely going to throw 

• Like 1

I agree with Moonshine about JS oils blooming in wax. I've had some of hers that I had for over a year and thought they were duds but once I got them in wax they were amazing. Of course as she also said, they don't always turn out that way but her oils can surprise you.

• Like 1