Cajun Candle - Liquid Dyes

Hey everyone,

I was curious who all uses or has used liquid dyes from Cajun Candles. I know its being a lit nitpicky, but I hate dealing with the separate droppers

from most suppliers. I like that Cajun has the built on dropper on the dyes. Grab and squeeze, rather than unscrew, plunge some dye into dropper, carefully

add a couple drops, then replace plunger without knocking over or spilling the dye. Frustrating, its only happened a few times, but that mess never goes away!

So Id like to give Cajun's a try and was curious any feedback. Good dyes, still concentrated, quality, etc?

Thanks

Hi wthomas57!

You are not nitpicky....you just want quality product. :) I have used Cajun's liquid dyes since 2000 and just love them! When they are new, you just have to run a straight pin or something similar through the nozzle to make a hole that the dye comes out of. I screw the lid on and away I go. I always shake before I use, but it probably is more a habit than a necessity.  They are easy to use and make gorgeous rich colors. You may have already seen this, but when you are on their candle dye page...if you scroll down , you will have all of their scent recipes...I JUST LOVE!  :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... so, I gotta be honest. I'm not impressed.  :/    I was really hoping to be happy with these.

Some colors are fine. But I gotta tell you.... the brown is atrocious. They call it "coffee". Its gross.

And they dont carry a regular brown. So was really disappointed with that.

But the biggest complaint I have was the squeeze bottles with the little caps (the entire reason I wanted to give these a try) didn't work well at all. They leak, they collect dye that seaps out. The little caps are so tiny and hard to get on and off that I ended up still getting dye on my hands worse than I did with the little droppers that come with most other dyes.

Unfortunately, Ive already stopped using them. :(

28 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

thank you for the review of the caps. I was really curious. No matter what type of cap or dropper it always looks like I robbed a bank after a session :whistling:

yah its pretty frustrating.

I really liked idea of just tipping the bottle and squeezing. But the tiny caps are awful afterwards and the dye also was leaking through where the top attaches to the bottle.

On 9/22/2016 at 0:26 PM, wthomas57 said:

Ok... so, I gotta be honest. I'm not impressed.  :/    I was really hoping to be happy with these.

Some colors are fine. But I gotta tell you.... the brown is atrocious. They call it "coffee". Its gross.

And they dont carry a regular brown. So was really disappointed with that.

But the biggest complaint I have was the squeeze bottles with the little caps (the entire reason I wanted to give these a try) didn't work well at all. They leak, they collect dye that seaps out. The little caps are so tiny and hard to get on and off that I ended up still getting dye on my hands worse than I did with the little droppers that come with most other dyes.

Unfortunately, Ive already stopped using them. :(

I'm sorry that you did not like Cajun's liquid dyes. Yes they are messy....but candle making is just plain messy and I have just never thought a thing about it....hee hee....by the time I get done w/a day of candle making I usually have splashed wax on my shirt and sometimes down to my shoes...and plenty of dye on my hands throughout the process.  I do have the hand wipes and paper towels close by to clean up my fingers with and I will take a small piece of paper towel to grab hold of the lid and pull it off...but I still get dye on my hands. :)

On 9/22/2016 at 8:14 PM, grama said:

I have used both Cajun and the dyes with droppers and never really thought much about it!! Just keep dawn in a bottle at the sink and it washes off.

Yep ! :)

On 9/22/2016 at 0:49 PM, TallTayl said:

thank you for the review of the caps. I was really curious. No matter what type of cap or dropper it always looks like I robbed a bank after a session :whistling:

Hee hee...sometimes after making Christmas candles with the red dye .....oh my!!! :laugh2:

• Like 1