Hello and thank you

Natasha2106

Hello all,

I seem to be working backwards, as I have already posted a couple of questions before actually introducing myself, sorry for this!  

My name is Natasha, in my 30's, and live in South Australia.  I  lived in the UK all my life until we moved to SA 3 years ago.  It was just myself, hubby and kids who moved with only a very small container of belongings shipped over.  We haven't looked back, we love living here in Australia.  

I decided just a little over 12 months ago to make candles for myself as hubby had been made redundant and I couldn't afford to buy them.  After starting to test and make, I suddenly realised how difficult and long process it can be to achieve the correct candle.  But had to perservier as I also needed to do something to sell on the side to get us through the unemployed time.  

However, during the no spending timeframe (on luxuries) I have had an abundance of tester candles around the home to fragrance it. :)  I love the fragrances and have struggled to find suppliers that have consistent quality of FO and stickums etc.  I have now finally managed to get it down to 5 FO that work well and are wicked well and give a lovely fragrance.  So hope to be selling these at a local market in the next month.   
It sure has been a long hard process, as I have been working full time and trying to do this on the side.  I am married, have two daughters and two dogs.  So my life was very busy before making candles came into my life, but not one to shy away from hard work.  ;)

I lost so much time and money trialling things with useless information from some sites, and talking to some suppliers who tell you one thing, only to purchase a whole amount from them to find it is all rubbish and they just don't give sound advice.  

Am so pleased I have now come across your site as it has so much valuable information.  My brain is buzzing with all the info and reading on here.  I am so excited to be getting going with this!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Candybee said:

Hi Natasha! Welcome to Craft Server! We have a state supplier list sticky in the general candle making forum. If you scroll down the list you will see the listings for Australia. Hopefully you find some info that may be useful to you:

Thank you for this list Candybee.  I did look at this before but didn't scroll to the bottom, as I just presumed they were American suppliers.  Good to see the list for Australia some of those suppliers I've never heard of or tried, so will give their fragrances a go.  As my current supplier is very hit and miss with there fragrances.  I tend to find 80% are bad and only 20% good, but it is a very costly experiment. 

Yes. FOs from suppliers can very hit or miss. We all have to deal with it. It may help you to jump in and ask questions about FOs you are considering in the fragrance forum. There are sure to be some who use your wax and may have some good answers for you. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...