I'm baaaaaaack!!

KrisS

After a decade-long hiatus, I've picked up tart making again.    I remember when Candletech was a new forum.    Most of my old suppliers are gone.   Many of the old wax companies were absorbed and renamed.   It's a completely different world now.   I have all of my old notes and supplier notes, but they're now obsolete.   :)   I'm a noob all over again.

• Like 1

Welcome back! I remember when this forum used to be called Candletech. Peaks still uses Candletech as a teaching site but this is the new forum now.

The state supplier list is up to date if you want to check it out. If you are looking for a particular supplier that went OOB there are several that sold their product lines to new one. So just ask and maybe you can find some of the stuff you used to use.

For example Old Mill Fos went to Tony's Southern Scents and is now at Pure Fragrance Oils. Flickers' oils went to Elements Bath & Body. Those are just a couple I remember.

Thank you, Candy. :)   I appreciate the suggestion of the state supplier list.  I've been doing a lot of Googling instead of using Fragrance Finder, etc.   I've been testing sample FOs for the past year, but I just couldn't get motivated to do package design, etc.

Last night I finally found the CDRs (yes, not DVD...CDRs) that have all of my old labels, website layout, professional product pictures, etc.   I'd put hours and hours and hours into that stuff.  Literally hundreds of hours.    I'm so completely stoked that I procrastinated and didn't restart them.   At this point, I just have to do a quick Photoshop logo change.   I like the labels just as well today as I did a decade ago.   

So, so, sooooooooooooo happy this morning.   (I sound like a kid instead of a 40 year old woman.  Ha!)

I'm so happy for you that you found your old files. That will save you a ton of time and work.

What I think has changed over the years are customers are more selective and saavy about ingredients and scent choices. They want complex and unique but they also want 'true' scent notes. I find I have to be more discerning in my FO choices especially in the old classics that are still in demand like lemon verbena, lavender, cinnamon, apple, vanilla, etc.

11 hours ago, Candybee said:

I'm so happy for you that you found your old files. That will save you a ton of time and work.

What I think has changed over the years are customers are more selective and saavy about ingredients and scent choices. They want complex and unique but they also want 'true' scent notes. I find I have to be more discerning in my FO choices especially in the old classics that are still in demand like lemon verbena, lavender, cinnamon, apple, vanilla, etc.

Great input.  Thank you

On July 28, 2016 at 1:16 AM, KrisS said:

After a decade-long hiatus, I've picked up tart making again.    I remember when Candletech was a new forum.    Most of my old suppliers are gone.   Many of the old wax companies were absorbed and renamed.   It's a completely different world now.   I have all of my old notes and supplier notes, but they're now obsolete.   :)   I'm a noob all over again.

Yes and no, but I know the feeling after only being gone about 6-7 months or whatever it was. Welcome back! 

• Like 1

Great to know I'm not the only one, albeit a longer break on my end.     Scented, I think I remember your username from way back in the day--yours is the first I've seen that I remember.

• Like 1