Anyone thought of this?

Trappeur

Has anyone ever thought of selling through Wayfair or another large company like Amazon?  I've been reading up on this sort of thing and would love to hear peoples input on this?  Or maybe someone already does?  Can you give advice or put up your input on this subject?

Trappeur

When Amazon announced hand made I read into their terms and conditions and decided it was definitely not for me. Initially they offered "low" monthly subscription (to increase after the intro period), hefty mins to deliver for Amazon Prime, etc. They could at any time at their discretion just throw away inventory without any reimbursement to the maker of they declared it "hazardous" with no payment of refund to the maker. Also, and more importantly, you signed away any and all rights to your product designs. 

A couple of wholesale/private label customers of mine have had "their" branded products on Amazon for a few years. It does not seem to generate many sales at all compared to their own branded sites. Occasionally I scan through to see how they're doing.

Pretty much what TallTayl says. The TOU are brutal, the shipping to them and having zero control over anything, zero rights to product design (which covers a heck of a lot more then say how private labels are done, for instance). Plus the people I know who've done it are not making sales off it. IF Amazon offered drop shipping I MIGHT consider it.

I did try Amazon out and put a couple things up for sale but never got a sale.  I just don't have the time to do anything with it if there is something else I am supposed to be doing with it!  If that makes sense!  :lol:

Edited by pcbrook