More Cupcakes - Orange Chiffon Cake

They smell yummy! I did a two orange and white swirl in the bottom, but it really melded together so not sure what I'll get when I take the cups off. I used whipped soap to pipe the tops (what a mess that was - the whole thing really), with orange coated on the bag so when piped it got a bit of the orange, and after I put the glitter on, it looked like it needed something so I scrambled around and found those balls from previous soaps and put them on top. LOL 

I used a vanilla stabilizer, because I know this has a large vanillin content in it. However, the oil itself is really dark, so it darkened the batter to an ecru color which I guess actually works in this case. 

I like them, but I don't think whipping the soap to pipe is the way to go. LOL At least not for me. I thought it would give it a nice fluffy feel and it did, but it was such a mess it took me about an hour and 15 minutes just to make these 11 cupcakes. Bleh

Anyway here they are! 

cupcakes.jpg

• Like 5

They look great. I can tell you are improving your technique. I'm sure you will soon be able to do the frosting faster. Anyway, they look good enough to eat and are making me hungry just looking at them!

Edited by Candybee

Just now, Candybee said:

They look great. I can tell you are improving your technique. I'm sure you will soon be able to do the frosting faster. Anyway, they look good enough to eat and are making me hungry just looking at them!

Well, I didn't mention that the original bag I tried to pipe out of was 1) too small, and 2) I cut the tip at the wrong place so it was just coming out of the tip like it was a round tip not a starred tip, so I also had to switch piping bags in the middle of trying to pipe, which then loosened the whipped soap a bit, and it was just a HUGE mess... I mean HUGE. So... again, Bleh! LOL 

• Like 2