does adding color affect wicking?

so I use golden brands 444 and have had good luck with that wax, but have never added color. I just bought some liquid color from CS and added it to some test candles and have found that the ECO 14 is too small for my larger container and that the ECO 10 is too small for my 8OZ square jar when they usually work just fine no matter the scent. Does adding color usually affect the way the wick works in the wax?

i only added one drop of the color into a pound of wax for each of the scents that i was making testers for.

i tried the eco 10 in my 8 oz square jars which was too small took two burns to get a full pool and also the eco 14 in another test jar which was too big. I ordered a pack of eco 12 wicks to see if that works. I was also thinking that maybe the candles just needed to sit longer, i only gave them 2 days to cure because i was anxious to test them.  

my larger jar is 18oz and a round hobnail jar that the eco 14s usually work well in without any color, i was going to double wick them with eco 4s since it is only 3.5inch wide. 

any suggestions welcome, i was just wondering if this happens or if there is something odd going on. 

thanks. 

The only colors I found that effected my burn was white and black. White because of the kind of pigment they use to create it is like a chalky substance and black for the sheer amount you have to use to create a true black.

good to know, thanks Vicky. 

It could just be a lack of patients on my part then, and partly the way the wax is reacting to the addition. i ordered more sizes of wicks to try out. I'll make more testers.