The weekend is here! What's up?

Jcandleattic

I got a rare day off today, so I am cleaning cleaning cleaning this morning. Have a hair appt this afternoon, and then after the lab is clean when I get home I'm going to create create create!! :)

I have narrowed my bath fizzy recipes down to 2-3 different ones with some tweaks, and I'm going to be making and testing those. I will also make some candles and soap at some point over the weekend. 

Nothing too exciting, but I'm also inventorying, and going to try and brush up my photography skills to work on my website. :)

What is everyone else up too? 

• Like 2

Tomorrow is my turn to work at the gift shop I have my products in.  A group of crafters from this area have gotten together and we rent a store and share in the rent and about half of us work on certain days.  

Then Sunday is playing with wax and cleaning my house!  

• Like 1

Trying really hard to finish up summer stock. I'm totally out of candles :o my fault, haven't made them since my surgery in Feb.

I sell way more melts than candles so tend to forget to check if I have stock in my stock closet.  Better get at least 3 scents made up.

I've got today and tomorrow, then Sunday is our Antique Street Faire so I'll be browsing the street for goodies before

I go into work at the store.  I actually planned out my fall & Christmas line and plan on starting that next week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I got a rare day off today, so I am cleaning cleaning cleaning this morning. Have a hair appt this afternoon, and then after the lab is clean when I get home I'm going to create create create!! :)

I have narrowed my bath fizzy recipes down to 2-3 different ones with some tweaks, and I'm going to be making and testing those. I will also make some candles and soap at some point over the weekend. 

Nothing too exciting, but I'm also inventorying, and going to try and brush up my photography skills to work on my website. :)

What is everyone else up too? 

Hope you are actually getting into a relaxing tub to test those new babies!

• Like 1

I love making bath fizzies but struggle with getting mine to float + fizz for a long time :( do you have an iPhone, you'd be amazed the quality 

of photos they can take. I also use a few different apps VSCO - i use the most. splitpic is another one - font candy + cropic. check them out 

they're actually a lot of fun :)

• Like 1

I take pics with my iPad, and those are okay. I know for a fact it's the photographer and not the equipment. I'm pretty decent with editing tools but they can only do so much when the pics themselves are not great. 

I have a friend that when we both have time he is going to teach me to use my dSLR, and figure out the typical settings I will need for my product photography. But he works all over the state, and I work anywhere from 10-13 hours a day, so it's not conducive to getting together for more than a lunch here and there these days. Hopefully in the summer it will slow down for me, and I can just follow him around to some of his local shoots. LOL 

On another note, I've gotten my fizzies to foam, spin, and float for several minutes, with no water, alcohol/wh or slsa, but the water in the end isn't very moisturizing so I need to figure that out without using any or much borax. We'll see... That's what I'm testing this weekend. Right now my formula doesn't have any borax in it at all.