Suggestions required for new candle business.

Shalon24

Hey. I've been making candles and selling them from home all these years. But now I'm starting a gift store soon. Off course, the main attraction will be the candles I make, but it will also include some other gift items like small showpieces, greeting cards etc. What I'm confused about is that, what kind of sign board should I put up. I've always been attracted to the double sided LED sign boards, as a kid, and since this is my first business I would definitely want to put up a sign board like that. But will an LED sign board suit a gift store? Haven't seen any like that. Would like to know your suggestions.

It will depend on the feel of your store if you are rustic or shabby sheek not so much. They do not fit with high end elegant either. Those type of signs fit better with a modern look. You signage needs to reflect the store itself.

• Like 1

I agree with Vicky, shabby/rustic I don't think that it will match the feel. But maybe if it is more retro (1950's vintage feel) it could match with a neon sign. 

What kind of things would you be selling? 

Would it just be an "open" neon/led sign? There are still glass artists out there that can make you a custom neon sign that could be cool for a big outside sign($$), idk about how custom a  led sign can get though ive never looked into it.

Also consider the feel of the city/town the store is in.  Is it beachy, upscale, retro, western or a combination.  I'd personally stay close to the town vibe, that's why visitors come there. Being different also has some advantages depending on how big your city is.  In my small town, they'd run you out if you were too different, lol. We all use A-Frame

sidewalk signs in addition to our building signage but you need to check with the city some have sign regulations and don't even allow flags or A-frames.