Omg--the Perfect Color Red!!!

Daphne will get them out to you, she is just backed up right now. Believe me, they are worth the wait. I waited a bit for my last order too, she is just getting started so I think she is experiencing growing pains right now.

Oh, she does ship from her location and not a drop ship from a supplier.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has not been a very satisfying transaction for me...to say the least. I finally received my dyes today. I sent three (very nicely worded) emails over the course of three weeks and never heard one word back.

In the package I received there is no invoice or packing slip...nothing but dyes and an unlabeled bag of something that looks like wax crumbles.

*shaking head*

Anyone want any dyes? I'd be happy to toss in the bag of mystery crumbles as a bonus. lol I cannot fathom incorporating a product/vendor into my line after such a negative experience. I'm easy to please, understand that people/companies have problems. Just don't take my money and ignore me. That's all I ask.

First one that PM's me....they're yours for the cost of shipping.

EDITED TO ADD: The dyes are spoken for. Thanks! :)

I don't understand how anyone can ship something with out an invoice. But I get them all the time, nothing in or outside the box. What if the address label got ripped off some how? Another thing I would like to see, along with the name is what is it for? and how do I use it? I have some soaping stuff that I can not remember what the heck I got it for. I know this is my fault but I put instructions on everything I make/sell.

The only one that seems to be getting a lot more frosting with this dye? What am I doing wrong? I use C 2 wax (almost out and will have to switch) heat wax up to 175 - 180 add color & FO (stir & stir) let it cool to 140 - 150 and then pour into jars that I heat with my heat gun as I go along before pouring. And my whole jar is full of frosting. I think I need help!!!!! TIA, Cindy/WI

The only one that seems to be getting a lot more frosting with this dye? What am I doing wrong? I use C 2 wax (almost out and will have to switch) heat wax up to 175 - 180 add color & FO (stir & stir) let it cool to 140 - 150 and then pour into jars that I heat with my heat gun as I go along before pouring. And my whole jar is full of frosting. I think I need help!!!!! TIA, Cindy/WI
So when you do the exact same thing without the Pryme, what happens? Also how much FO?

Hey Top, I don't normally color my candles but bought some jars with white engraveing on them and if you don't color the engraveing won't show up. I use 8% FO. Now last night I tried some of the soy base dye from CS and still had frost but not nearly as much, but still enough that I'm not happy.

Cindy/WI

So when you do the exact same thing without the Pryme, what happens? Also how much FO?

You still have to pour soy cool if you add color. Try at 110* if it's not slushy. I never checked temp. and find it's hard to keep watching the darn stuff to pour at just the right time to get perfect colored candles. Just when it turns like buttermilk but not cottage cheese. Never heat the jar but I guess it doesn't hurt. I bet those jars a pretty.

Thanks Sharon I will try pouring cooler and see if that helps any. The jars are really pretty but also having a h..... of a time wicking them, their a Balmoral style jar and just about 3"'s but as we all know with these jars they get wider as they go down. The wicks I've tried so far are either not cleaning the sides right or just burning way to hot. Right now I'm testing with ECO 10 & another with an ECO 12. I've never used ECO wicks before so I'm hoping one of these will work. I've been working on them for a month off and on now. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Cindy/WI

You still have to pour soy cool if you add color. Try at 110* if it's not slushy. I never checked temp. and find it's hard to keep watching the darn stuff to pour at just the right time to get perfect colored candles. Just when it turns like buttermilk but not cottage cheese. Never heat the jar but I guess it doesn't hurt. I bet those jars a pretty.

Cindy, since your result with the Pryme seems to be unusual I think it would be interesting to explain it. One thing that comes to mind is that you use more of it by weight than other dyes and you have to add that to the FO load to see if you're probably within the limits of your wax. For instance if you use 8% FO and 2% dye that's roughly equivalent to 10% FO in an undyed candle. Just a thought.

Hey Top, I was useing 1% Pryme & 8 % FO so are you saying I should maybe back down to maybe 6% FO & 2% Pryme so I'm within the 8% I always use, and like SharonKY said to pour cool. I know with Cargill wax you can pour 140 - 150 and have no frosting but that's with also no candle dye at all. Thanks so much for helping me on this!!

Cindy, since your result with the Pryme seems to be unusual I think it would be interesting to explain it. One thing that comes to mind is that you use more of it by weight than other dyes and you have to add that to the FO load to see if you're probably within the limits of your wax. For instance if you use 8% FO and 2% dye that's roughly equivalent to 10% FO in an undyed candle. Just a thought.

I ordered the Red, Blackm and some other Pryme Bold colors. I have used both. I got a beautiful black on the Midsummer Night I poured and an absolutely awesome red on the Apples & Berries. I didn't get any frosting on either of the colors and I poured mine over a month ago. I'm in love with Daphne's Pryme colors.

I use KY Soy 125.

I think you will b every pleased with these Pryme colors.

Bobbie

Here is a couple of candles I did with black bold pryme color. 8 oz square mason and 16 oz apoth, 7% Ylang Ylang and 1% color load. Used a parasoy blend of my own poured at 155, and the pics show the top and some frosting that appeared. I poured another mason with my regular GW415/BW mix and it has not frosting! I'm happy so far!

post-116-139458392877_thumb.jpg

post-116-139458393171_thumb.jpg

post-116-139458393174_thumb.jpg

Hey Top, I was useing 1% Pryme & 8 % FO so are you saying I should maybe back down to maybe 6% FO & 2% Pryme so I'm within the 8% I always use, and like SharonKY said to pour cool. I know with Cargill wax you can pour 140 - 150 and have no frosting but that's with also no candle dye at all. Thanks so much for helping me on this!!
If you were using 8% FO and 1% Pryme and seemed to be getting frosting with the dye, you could try a little less FO. You don't really know whether that's it until you try. I just wanted to point out that you have to take account of the dye amount along with the FO amount when considering how much you can put into your wax.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank you Top, I'm getting beautiful candles now!!! No frost just really nice colors. Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out. Cindy/WI:yay:

If you were using 8% FO and 1% Pryme and seemed to be getting frosting with the dye, you could try a little less FO. You don't really know whether that's it until you try. I just wanted to point out that you have to take account of the dye amount along with the FO amount when considering how much you can put into your wax.