FOs for Upcycled Wine Bottle Candles

burnsv1

Can anyone recommend good FOs for upcycled wine bottle candles?  I use 464 and I've tried a Merlot and not impressed.  In your opinion, does it matter if it doesn't have wine smells or is that part of the ambience?  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

if I were to use wine bottles I would try to have a theme for candles that are fitting for that look I was going for.....

wine bottles do not have to necessarily be wine but you could go for an Italian type theme 

maybe a tiramasu- a biscotti- a rosemary- a lavender- some type of wine or FB fairy garden smells grapey enough to pass for that IMO and a Meyers type lemon and maybe even a rose

BUT that is just my opinion -I don't see any reason why you couldn't do any scent you wanted in these bottles I'm just a theme kind of girl and have started testing a new jar that will be a totally different line with a special theme 

• Like 1

I once had a wholesale account with a local vineyard. I never cared for the wine scents but that's what they wanted.
So if it was me looking for scents for recycled wine bottles I would first decide who my target customers are I want to sell for and design a scent theme just for them.

For example is your target customer young, hip and trendy; tourists wanting a "local" area scented product while on vacation, metro in style man, country, modern, kitchen/bakery, etc. Once you have this figured out it will make it a whole lot easier to pick your scents.

For example I live in the Shenandoah Valley about 70 miles outside the large metropolitan city of Washington, DC. So we get a whole lot of tourists from all over and loads of daycationers and weekenders from DC. They come to get away from it all to visit our local countryside, see the skyline drive & national forests, blue ridge mountains, walk the famous Civil War battlefiields and see historic sites and colonial homes and mansions of famous people like George Washington, George Mason, Lee's Mansion, etc.

So they want country and primitive type scents including candles made in canning jars--- not upscale jars or scents... always things that remind them of their visit. So I have mason jar candles in Farmhouse Vanilla, Old Barn Wood (sandalwood), Colonial Hearth, Country Store, Primitive Gatherings, etc. Plus I have a line of soaps with Civil War battlefield places and names theme like Shenandoah, Belle, Grey Ghost, Cedar Creek, Stonewall, Camp, Rebel Yell, etc.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Personally, I like Muscadine. Its a slightly sweet fragrance and of course it is an old timey wine made from scuppernong grapes or wild grapes. There are several good fos out there. I really like Tuscan type fragrances as well. I think AH/Re used to have one called Tuscan vineyard. CB is right though about your customers, how familiar are they with wine and or upscale kinds of fragrances? Remember that Boones Farm makes fruity type wines with apples, pears and strawberries, as well as, sparkling type wines. I just might look at that myself, now that I think about it.

• Like 1