Ceramic or fancy glass jars in bulk?

I was wondering if any of you know where to find ceramic vessels/jars in bulk? I have seen lots of candles being sold in stores like tjmaxx or home goods in ceramic jars or fancy glass jars/votives. I just found a really cute votive holder at Michaels for $9 that I am going to make a candle for myself with ( its extremely thick glass) but was wondering if there were any supply companies that sold decorative containers in larger quantities for less than retail. 

Thanks ?

The cost of those jars with shipping are very pricey. Wholesale accounts for ceramics in bulk might be had through Alibaba in China. But you're talking thousands of containers on minimum. I used to go to dollar stores, outlets and places like Hobby Lobby for unusual containers. You just have to be careful and test the container to see if it has any flaws. There are occasional cool things but they don't generally hold up well to heat. I once bought up a bunch of ceramic planters from Dollar Tree. They were thick and had drainage holes. I  used heat resistant sealant for the holes and poured candles into these shell shaped pots. They did very well and I had orders for more. Unfortunately, Dollar Tree didn't get any more of them and that was that. I doubt you will find a wholesaler on specialty items and if you do, just expect them to be expensive.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Try Courrone for fancier glass. They have some heavy votive glass. Be sure to test it thoroughly because I don't think it's tested for poured candles.

I don't know if Old Time Pottery has a website but they would handle high volumes of ceramic bowls. Or if Garden Ridge Pottery is still in business they might have something you want. I just don't know how you could coordinate the purchase of hundreds of the same vessel.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! The dollar tree is a good idea. I don't really need thousands of them, I could find good prices I would maybe get 100. All of your suggestions will be great places to look, I was hoping that I could find some that were less than $9 a piece at the craft stores. 

Thanks again! 

Thought that i would share a site i found in case any of you were looking. they have marble and copper vessels for candles! they are exactly what i was hoping to find. maybe eventually i can make an order. They are from Australia, and do use paypal but the way that the website is set up it doesn't allow you to link to paypal from the US although they do ship to the US ( i couldn't get it to work for me). I emailed and got an immediate response saying to email them with what I wanted to order and they would send an invoice to pay. 

https://luxurycandlesupplies.com/

luxcandles.jpg