Best Printer

KB12

Guest OldGlory

I won't buy another Epson printer. It's been years since I had mine, but their ink cartridges were overpriced and if a cartridge got jammed and you took it out, the machine would not allow you to put it back in. You had to go buy a new cartridge. They thought they were being so clever, but instead they chased off a lot of people.

I have been happy with my HP printers. You might want to price HP ink cartridges to see which ones are reasonably priced and which printer models they go with. If you need a high 'dpi', make sure your printer will do it.

Last printer I bought and still use is an HP color printer. The one I had before was a Dell all in one color printer. The Dell lasted me for 10 yrs and was really happy with it. It was an ink jet. So is the new HP color printer I have. Bought it for under $50 at Walmart. Was blown away with how sharp and clear the color quality is for a cheap color photo printer from Walmart. I use size 61 cartridges for it and the twin packs extra size cartridges cost about $50ish. So I am happy. Buying color cartridges seperately are about $22 black and $26 color.

Edited by Candybee

Thanks for the responses! I agree about the Epson comment. I owned one

previously and I was not happy with it. 

Candybee- do you happen to know what the name of the model is? Is it an Envy? Do you get good results when printing on glossy paper?

It's an HP Deskjet 1512. I print my candle labels on white photo gloss labels from Labels by the Sheet. They come out great. Get lots of compliments on my labels. I use a lot of color in my labels. Doing color labels eats a lot of color ink so be prepared to buy extra ink. Having an account at Staples helps as I use all the discounts through them I can.

14 hours ago, Candybee said:

It's an HP Deskjet 1512. I print my candle labels on white photo gloss labels from Labels by the Sheet. They come out great. Get lots of compliments on my labels. I use a lot of color in my labels. Doing color labels eats a lot of color ink so be prepared to buy extra ink. Having an account at Staples helps as I use all the discounts through them I can.

I second the HP :) I actually have the HP Deskjet 1510 and I love it! Nowadays, you can get both color/black ink for about $25-$30 on Amazon or EBay brand new (I just bought some about a month ago). I think the cartridges (at least for me) lasted quite a while compared to other printers I've had. I used to have a Canon Pixma but when I put a generic ink cartridge in there, it would no longer print :( 

Guess I am the odd ball! lol  I have an Ink jet Epson R260 Photo Printer that I love.  Prints labels and pictures very good.  I have never owned anything but Epsons.  I learned a long time ago to use nothing but Epson color/black cartridges.

Edited by grama
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, grama said:

Guess I am the odd ball! lol  I have an Ink jet Epson R260 Photo Printer that I love.  Prints labels and pictures very good.  I have never owned anything but Epsons.  I learned a long time ago to use nothing but Epson color/black cartridges.

Not at all! ;) I don't know very much about Epson products but if they've consistently worked for you, that's totally awesome! 

Thanks again for all the input! I ended up purchasing an HP Envy 5660 printer, as my budget is around $150.  After having it for a total of 45 minutes, I have made the decision to take it back! The quality is horrible when printing pictures (it even came with photo paper) and not great when printing a normal color document.  Also it wasn't able to clear a document form it's print queue, after it printed it, and it keeps printing out the same document continuously.  Too many issues already! Maybe I got a dud, but now I'm thinking of trying an HP deskjet. We shall see!

Ok. So I just got another printer, after doing a little more research and talking with the guys at Staples, and the difference in photo quality is night and day! The photo is of my youngest and the one on the right is from the HP Envy, that I took back,  and the photo on the left is from the Canon Pixma MG 7720. Fingers crossed that this printer continues to impress me :)

I can't wait to get my new label paper and see what my labels look like!

I really appreciate everyone's input!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I love my Pixma printer.  HP is suppose to have less expensive ink, although it shouldn't make that big of a difference in the quality!   I think there must have been something wrong with that printer that printed the photo on the right.  Hope all works out great!

Goldie

Thanks! I did get it at Staples. There is a total of 6 cartridges in the machine. You can buy them separately for about $12.99 a piece or 5 of them, excluding the grey one, for about $71 that come in a combo pack. The combo pack also come with an XL black ink.  The HP printer that I originally got was much more affordable as far as ink goes, but I much prefer the quality of this one. Also, Staples will price match their competitor's price and take 10% off of the difference of the printer. Best Buy has the white one for $129 right now. 

Edited by KB12