yankee easymelt cup

I Cannnot think of the name of the company right now but there is one that has the poly cups and the maxi tea lights

There was a co-op on the tea lights awhile back and I had requested samples of the cups - they have a couple different sizes

I haven't been In a Yankee store to know what these are but one of the sizes were like the BBW Little ones they sell

Guest OldGlory

New gimmick. Yankee has to change something to get their tart customers back.

You could sell a 3 or 4 oz tin and tell your customers to fill it with tarts, and viola! Same thing, except that the customer might have to wait 10 minutes while the tin cools to change out the scents. But seriously - if your room is full of Strawberry Jam fragrance and you want to put in Fresh Linen, you really need to run some fans and open up the windows to get rid of the Strawberry Jam. You don't change a roomful of fragrance in a few seconds. Faulty suggestive logic of Yankee's, lol. But, it's a gimmick and people will fall for it!

You could try the maxi tea light, but the polycarbonate material can burn (flames). I know someone who didn't use a wick sticker in a maxi, the wick drifted  and the whole thing caught on fire. I'm not saying the warmers get that hot - I don't know how hot they get. You could try leaving a maxi in a warmer, 'crock' type, and see what happens. Just keep in mind that your customers will leave them on the highest temp for days at a time. When it comes to fragrance, they want more, more, MORE! Tins make more sense to me in this application. Papermart has them.

Wait hold up- I need to look these up

Are the Yankee cups meant to go In a warmer???

I would never put plastic in any kind of warmer what would be the point as opposed to jist plain wax....I'm missing something here and need to go check out their site

And yes the maxi tea lights could catch fire if the wick floats - the ones I have done I use the Perma gasket sealer and never dreamed or thought of putting them in a warmer

Yes the whole cup goes in the warmer but there is no wick in them.  I thought about buying a couple to try them out to see how they work.  I do like how there would be no clean up between fragrances.  This is of course unless you are spilling it all over while you are changing it!  :) 

Guest OldGlory

The Gold Canyon pod is 2.4 oz, so roughly the weight of a full clamshell (the 1524), the size that Walmart and most small businesses use, but the pod is $6. Are customers that dumb? Are they willing to pay more to not have to touch the wax? Gracious, I hope not! LOL

I actually bought myself a warmer and a few cups when Yankee was having a sale. I have to admit I really like them. You take the cup after removing the lid and place it in the warmer. Then after a few hours you turn off your warmer unless it comes with a timer which mine did. Then when the wax hardens you can lift out the cup and discard or change your scent. It makes no mess whatsoever unless you pick up the cup while the wax is in liquid form like I did. I was talking with the lady at the store and although my unit has a timer it doesn't have the lights like some because you cannot replace the lightbulb in those I was told and then a new unit must be purchased. The unit that I have has like a metal ring in where the cup holder goes that heats up. I have no clue what kind of plastic this is that can go in these units but it does feel rather sturdy. The scented units that you buy typically last 24 hours or so and are approximately $5 a piece.

Wow that's kind of steep in respect to making them yourself

Clamshells have 6 cubes and I use 2 cubes per warmer and the scent lasts for about 2 days, some more some less - so that's around 6 days at 5.00 retail for one of my clams

Cool concept but not sure how I feel abut putting plastic in something so hot to melt wax either

May have to see about trying one out - I am curious now

You can click through and see the Yankee Scenterpiece video here: http://www.yankeecandle.com/customer-service/scenterpiece-system

Here is a (cheesy) video for Gold Canyon's Scentpods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCLfY9navMM

Both the same idea. Well, Gold Canyon beat Yankee to it by a few years.