Has anyone found a good patchouli FO?

Hi,

I've had a devil of a time trying to find patchouli fragrance oil (for use with soy wax) that smells like I remember from the 60s & 70s. All the ones I've tried lack that extremely earthy scent. They smell simply like nag champa with a floral scent added. So frustrating! Has anyone else found a patchouli that they like? Thank you so much for any info

Edited by chevril

Here's a recent thread that is still active. Some ideas in there :)

http://www.craftserver.com/topic/107856-patchouli-search/?hl=patchouli

Thank you so much for pointing me toward that thread. I ran a search for the topic before I posted & this didn't show up,but I'm guessing I may have misspelled patchouli without realizing

• Like 1

You're welcome!

I was a fan of Lebermuth's version sold through the now closed Moonworks? It was the closest to my actual aged dark essential oil. Supposedly it contained "some" essential oil - not sure how much. Not really wanting to hang on to most of a 25lb keg, ii went back and re-tried the essential oil i was equally happy with the burn.

Bonus points for now being able to say, "Yes!" when asked if i have any essential oil candles.

• Like 1