Which jar is your favorite?

8 ounce square mason

-It fit my look of the company I wanted to create

-The size is perfect to where you don't get tired of the scent

-Very easy to wick once you get past those corner issues

-Love having the labels on the lid rather than the jar- I personally like my jar clean all around when burning not looking at labels

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

My favorite jar isn't even a jar, lol. I love the 8 oz tin. I use 464 soy, lots of dye, and Premier 785 or 790 wicks in these. They are super lightweight and won't crack. I get a consistently good burn.

I love the Libbey medium cube (sold at Dollar Tree) with two size 4 BCN woodwicks back to back. I angle them corner to corner instead of side to side. And when Trappeur allows me to order the wooden lids from her I will be tickled PINK! The wood wick size 4 measures 1/2" wide.

My client likes the straight-sided flint jars from Aztec. I think they are called by other names, like salsa jars... not real sure about that but that's what they look like. I use 6006 in those jars with zinc wicks. Yes, they mushroom a bit and need to be trimmed. But they sell well.

I love clean, straight sided jars.  Small tumblers, large straight sided ones with the glass lids, they often are double wicked.  I also love the square Libby cubes and the little libbey star shaped bowls with 5 wicks.  Oh...and the faceted votive one too.  I buy those at Michaels.  I love them with a votive or tealight because they throw such beautiful shadows.

I only make container candles in 2 jar sizes (for the most part) 16oz and 5oz apothecary flat lid. They sell well and fit my brand perfectly. 

If I'm making candles for me to burn though, I much prefer pillars and burn those more often than any jar candles. I just love the look and ambiance of a pillar candle burning. 

• Like 2

8 ounce square mason

-It fit my look of the company I wanted to create

-The size is perfect to where you don't get tired of the scent

-Very easy to wick once you get past those corner issues

-Love having the labels on the lid rather than the jar- I personally like my jar clean all around when burning not looking at labels

I love these square jars and did try using them but people would switch the lids on them all the time. Ever have that happen?

I love the 8 oz jelly jars and the 8 oz square mason jars. The jelly jars are tapered at the bottom and sometimes finding a wick has been a challenge for me because the top is wider than the bottom and if I wick for the top part of the jar by the time it gets to the bottom it's too hot. These are my old standby jars though and I just love them.

I love the square mason jars because they are just cute and the perfect size for a customer to test a new scent. I have had luck wicking those with415 and 62 cotton wicks. Love them and they are a little bit wider therefore producing more throw that the jellies. They just have that country look to them.

I love these square jars and did try using them but people would switch the lids on them all the time. Ever have that happen?

No I haven't - I hear people say that all the time but I don't have a jist candle retail store either and the few shows I have done I watch with an evil eye while smiling

In our office (we have other business's) people are great about putting the same kid back on and smelling the next one

• Like 1