Help with wicking

I looked on lone star and they don't have my exact jar but they have a closely shaped 15oz and clicked on the q&a and low and behold there was someone struggling with wicking THAT jar with the 4627... Read through the comments and 3 sepparate people said to double wick THAT jar so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work!

Yep I saw that jar....the pantry jar, right?  It looks pretty much like the jar you are using.   And yes, they didn't have it in the 8 oz....I saw that post and even saw someone using the same wax.  At first I thought it was you but then realized it wasn't.

Trappeur

That's a good question about when to expect throw...I'd like to know that myself from others here.  I know if varies for me.  Some like CS Mac Apple and Fillmore Balsam Fir I can start smelling them in about 15 minutes they are so strong.  Others take an hour or so.  And if I don't let mine cure for 2 weeks and get the itch to try just a little sooner by a couple of days I don't get the throw that I know should be there.  And if after 2 weeks there isn't much, then either I know that oil isn't compatable with my wax or maybe it's not supposed to be that strong....so hard to figure out at times.  Now a few days ago by accident I lit a candle by accident that should have sat for 2 weeks.  I just picked up the wrong jar and when the candle started smelling like 10 minutes and which I knew which scent it was (Noel Bean Noel by Tennessee) it was truly amazing.  I had just made it 2 days prior.  So many recommended this one and I love Tennessee but I never expected in my wildest dreams it was this nice!  So now I have found my VBN....

Trappeur

I don't use that wax but looks like you are pretty close to a full melt pool with the LX 28 just a little hang up. That is why I suggested using the 2 LX 16's I have never had a jar crack or get too hot I research my wicks and what size diameter of a jar they work for.

• Like 1

I am getting ok scent throw and about 1/2 inch hang up around lx 18 and lx 20 but the flame flickers alot. Not the knock your socks off hot throw I'm looking for so I'm PATIENTLY (ha ha) going to wait for these double wicked ones to cure and see what we get! Ty so much EVERYONE !!!

There are some good threads on "Comfort Blend" in the archives. I'm not sure why you are curing paraffin, you should be able to light em up the next day. I tried this wax and blended it with other waxes and finally decided it wasn't for me. The 4630 is an easier wax to work with but it didn't have a great hot throw either. I tried zincs, cds, and lx wicking but never got much improvement, so I gave up on both those waxes. I'd rather go back to the old J waxes (whatever they are called now) like 223 for paraffin. Babs has the right of it with the centered double wicking but you might consider another wax.