Polynesian Butter Cream-Aquatech

dandytea88

Has anyone tried this base before from Aquatech? I've bought 2 sample sets from Aquatech to try the Tropical Butter Cream and Natural Body Butter. I really like them both and would love to try the Polynesian cream but their shipping is $18 from Canada to California. Just wanted to know if it was worth trying before taking the plunge!

• Like 1

I have not tried that blend.

"Ingredients: Deionized Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palm Stearic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Butter, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil**, Propanediol* (Zemea®***), Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerine (Vegetable), Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Levulinate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract."

Have you tried EssentialsByCatalina.com in the US? They offer some excellent bases and maybe have more reasonable shipping rates. One WS customer of mine loves their fruit souffle base.

@TallTayl Funny you mention that one because I was also looking at the fruit souffle base! It looks like one of the few lotion bases that comes into those bucket/jug things and their shipping so much better! I've spoken with a rep there and I can order a sample with USPS shipping (it has to be requested) but I'm not sure how to get the lotion out of the container? Any ideas?

@Candybee I've never heard of them before :) Besides EBC, I didn't know there were any others based on the West Coast (for B&B bases though CandleScience has a warehouse in Reno, NV which is two hours from here). I will definitely check out the link!

Souffle comes in like a gallon mayo jug. For the most part you can slam dump it out. But there's no getting around using a scoop and rubber spatula.

Oh cool so it's not too difficult to use with a scoop? I had been looking at only bases that came in pails because I'm scared about how to exactly get lotion/body butter bases out of jugs like the one EBC uses. If I can use a scoop (which was what I was going to do anyway), I can definitely pick up a spatula too and give it a whirl! I just don't want a base that requires a pump.

• Like 1

You can fit your hand easily into the opening of the gallon jugs. I have a couple here and will take a pic for you when i get to the shop.

It's messy. No lying. And takes determination to get it alllll out. This stuff will not pump. It is like a shimmery thick cool whip.

You can fit your hand easily into the opening of the gallon jugs. I have a couple here and will take a pic for you when i get to the shop.

It's messy. No lying. And takes determination to get it alllll out. This stuff will not pump. It is like a shimmery thick cool whip.

Nice! I would love to see a picture if you have one!

Here you go.

Thankies! You're right, I do think I can get my hand there. The opening is way bigger than I had thought it would be. I went looking for long neck scoops on Amazon (Google just showed me a bunch of pictures with people in sweaters!) and think I'll pick one up as well as the spatula. The scoop I saw was about 8 inches so it seems that would be a good length?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

dandytea88... I know I have seen the same base once but i can't remember the name :( What I do remember is that they were located in Ohio

I know they are the same because the ingredients were identical as well as the name . Do a quick google search for body butter bases. If I find 

it I'll let you know :) How do you like the bases you received, do they have a drag. I find many bases have that drag when rubbed in, i don't 

care for that. although the goat milk + honey lotion base for WSP is pretty nice. 

dandytea88... I know I have seen the same base once but i can't remember the name :( What I do remember is that they were located in Ohio

I know they are the same because the ingredients were identical as well as the name . Do a quick google search for body butter bases. If I find 

it I'll let you know :) How do you like the bases you received, do they have a drag. I find many bases have that drag when rubbed in, i don't 

care for that. although the goat milk + honey lotion base for WSP is pretty nice. Found it ... check it out to compare ingredient list :)

http://www.bathbodysupply.com/Tropical-Butter-Cream-p/cl2000-5.htm