Product Storage?

Because I'm mainly in my own retail location, I store melts in short flat boxes alphabetically by name so I can pull one box at a time to restock, boxes are kept in a dark closet.  Candles I make as needed for shelves so no storage.  Anything I make to sell wholesale I make fresh when they place an order.  My wholesale customers know to allow me 10 days so they all give me a month.

• Like 1

Fabulous idea candybee! And kandlekrazy are your short flat boxes air tight? I'm just worried about the scent lightening up over time with my melts is that not a problem with anyone?

Nope, I use clamshells so no need for airtight, they are open boxes like the ones you get at Costco.   I probably only store for 2 months max then new ones go into closet.

When I made melts in shapes, I would keep them in glass jars until I was ready to pkg for sale, sometimes sold mason jars full.

Edited by kandlekrazy

Im going to hijack this thread if thats ok. I have a similar question. I have 8oz jars I use for testers, and basically make 2 8oz testers each batch. I put them back in the box they shipped to me in, which is a box of 12. I dont have lids for these yet because the lids I use I have to purchase 500 minimum and Im not ready to make that purchase yet.

So my question is, can I have 6 different candle FO's in the same box, without lids, or will there be any cross contamination of any sorts during the 2 week cure?

TIA

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I am going to take a guess that you won't notice much fragrance contamination. If you were to put 6 different fragrances of melts in a jar the melts would certainly pick up the fragrances of the others. But the jars protect the wax, and the top of the box (I'm assuming that the boxes have lids and are covering the tops of the candles) further protects the scent. Lids would be ideal though.

Clear Black,

obviously lids are optimal, but you can even fashion a simple cover with a gum band and a piece of wax paper.  I would be afraid that cling film or something would suck out the scent (not all plastics are good for scented items), but wax paper should be fine.  Just something to close the top.

Light of Mine, I store mine the same way CandyBee does, but I have them stacked up in my house which I keep at 73 degrees year round, which i believe is an ideal temp for me as well as my candles.

Clear Black, if you are referring to 8 Oz Apothecary, don't the same flat top and dome top lids fit? I'm guessing you'd have realized that if they could so you must be talking about another 8 Oz jar? I used to make testers in Status 2 Oz and mainly use Status 12 Oz for my candles, but I quit making testers because I had a harder time getting them to work and it wasn't 100% that both would work.

Light of Mine, I store mine the same way CandyBee does, but I have them stacked up in my house which I keep at 73 degrees year round, which i believe is an ideal temp for me as well as my candles.

Clear Black, if you are referring to 8 Oz Apothecary, don't the same flat top and dome top lids fit? I'm guessing you'd have realized that if they could so you must be talking about another 8 Oz jar? I used to make testers in Status 2 Oz and mainly use Status 12 Oz for my candles, but I quit making testers because I had a harder time getting them to work and it wasn't 100% that both would work.

CDIzz. The jars I use are the 8, 16 and 26oz Apothecary. i will use the same lid for all 3 sizes, im just not there yet as I have to purchase a case of 600 which is $400+ Plus rite now FC is currently out of stock, so thats an issue as well.

Lids: http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/72mm-Matte-Silver-Cover-P139.aspx

Edited by Clear Black