Howdy All!

What's your name?

My name is Cami

How old are you?

I am 37

Where do you live?

The majestic Bitterroot Valley in Montana

How long have you been making candles?

I am just BARELY getting started in candlemaking. Have been researching throughout the past 3 months and finally made my initial investment and am trying to nail down all of the many elements but soooo excited!!!

How did you get started making candles?

After years of buying MANY smellies I decided I would love to start making my own and then my entrepreneurial mind kicked in and now I'm taking a leap of faith!

Are you married? Any kids?

I am happily married to the most amazing man for 18 years now and we have 4 teenage boys that keep me hopin!

If candle making isn't your primary job, what do you do?

I am a full time manicurist and salon owner specializing in nail art of all mediums... It has been something that I have been passionate about for the past 12 years!

Anything else we should know?

As of right now I have settled on IGI 4627 as the reviews of the hot/cold throw are consistently amazing (once you get wicking right lol) I am also doing a mix for tarts but am open to any and all suggestions and help to launch forward and hopefully not make too many costly newby mistakes. Am particularly interested in FO that work well with the IGI 4627... After all why reinvent the wheel right?? I am so excited to meet all of you and continue to learn and hopefully be able to help others someday ...sort of the pay it forward mentality! God Bless you ALL for the time you put into this forum... Have been reading through it for the past couple days and there is SO MUCH info it's kinda overwhelming to know where to start but I am beyond grateful to have stumbled across this site in my journey!

• Like 1

Welcome to craft server! I've been busy and recovering from the holidays so haven't been around much until today to see your post. Lots of great info here. Good to see another candlemaker here! Once you get started and have questions this is a good place to come and post.

I wish I could say start here but without knowing right where you are at now. Not much help I know.

My thing is ask what you need to know. Search is also good but you want to narrow you searches as much as possible. Other wise you end up with to much info and usually not what you are looking for. You can always broaden the search terms.

Guest OldGlory

Greetings and salutations, TLLOM! Waving to you and my brother up there in Montana.  :woowoo:

I don't use 4627 wax so I'll be of no help in your pursuit of learning the craft of candlemaking. Just remember to enjoy the journey. Oh, and keep good notes every step of the way.

Guest OldGlory

I think my brother lives in polar fleece. You would find me frozen in the snow - a popsicle. It was cold here today with a high around 35. I'm wearing 2 warm layers, sheepskin boots and I'm still COLD!