Air Bubbles in silicone molds?

Is there a way to eliminate surface "cottage cheese" and air bubbles when pouring into a silicone mold? I am pouring at roughly 180 and once I unmold my candle, it is COVERED with these, am I pouring too hot? I tap the sides until I think all the air bubbles are out and I've tried pouring slower, but still have them. TIA Portia

Could also be a poor quality made mold. Mold making is very hard to not get air bubbles in the silicone. The mold may have air bubbles in the mold. Check your mold, look inside at the surface, there may be tiny trapped air bubbles there.

I wish I could find Quality silicone / rubber molds. Most I have ordered from are high priced and have air bubbles. So everytime I pour they come out like crap. I guess they don't know how to pour properly or use a degass vaccum chamber.

Yup, I agree with Vicky. The molds tend to do better when they are warm....although i've never put them in the oven. Normally the first batch I just re-melt and since the cavity is still warm from the previous batch the second lot come out just fine :) The molds I have don't have any air bubbles in them either.

Candleman,,,,I did a thorough check inside this mold and YES it is just as you described. I haven't tried heating it other than with the heat gun on the inside (it's a whole apple mold), so I'm gonna give it a shot in the dark and try heating it in the oven and see if it helps it in the least. Otherwise, I have just been overdipping the apple in the same wax as I poured with once it's set. Wish me luck! TIA Portia

I am also having the same exact trouble, Pinholes and Bubbles toward center and top!! So frustrating. I did mine at a lower temp (180) then tried pouring at a higher temp (200) and the first time it worked, but my mold like someone else stated was already warm for the next batch. But this time I did cold mold and I poured at higher temp (again at 200) and it did it got bubbles and pinholes again. So I am going to try the molds in the oven on the next batch. I am starting to think the same about not having the mold warmed up. I just didn't know if you could put the silicone molds in the oven. If this doesn't work could it then be the mold??