Superior 800 series wicks

Hi, I know several of you helpful Ladies use the Premier 700 series wicks. I've been testing with them and I really love how they burn, but the glass container I'm using is about 5 inches in diameter at it's widest point and the 798 just isn't hot enough to remove all the hang up from the previous test burn's, it's past the mid way and I still have a lot of hang up. So I was wondering if anyone has tried or uses the Superior 800 series wicks. I'm guessing that they are the step up from the 700's and because they have a paper core that they would burn a little hotter. TIA for any tips and insight

Now I do a lot of 5" round crystal container and I use 3 cd 7 and they are sooo perfect.  I tried going with 2 wicks but the flame was just too high.

What wax do you use?

Old Glory strictly uses the premiers and she could I'm sure give you a starting point.  I don't think she does jars that big but I'm sure she will see this post and could give you 3 size wicks of the premier collection that are equivalent to the 3 cd 7's  I use.

Here is a picture of the 5" crystal jar I use those wicks in.  Now I do space my wicks further out than normal but the glass is not hot to touch what so ever....

CIMG2307.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 4

I haven't used the 800 series but honestly would double wick a container that wide with 2 smaller 700 series wicks.

Thanks, was trying to avoid double wicking, but I just ordered some smaples of the smaller 700's to see if I can double wick it

Now I do a lot of 5" round crystal container and I use 3 cd 7 and they are sooo perfect.  I tried going with 2 wicks but the flame was just too high.

What wax do you use?

Old Glory strictly uses the premiers and she could I'm sure give you a starting point.  I don't think she does jars that big but I'm sure she will see this post and could give you 3 size wicks of the premier collection that are equivalent to the 3 cd 7's  I use.

Here is a picture of the 5" crystal jar I use those wicks in.  Now I do space my wicks further out than normal but the glass is not hot to touch what so ever....

CIMG2307.jpg

Trappeur

That candle looks beautiful , I'm going to try double wicking with the smaller 700's, I've tried the CD's and I just don't like the way they burn. I'm using GW444 with no dye. The container I'm using is being very difficult, but I'm determined to conquer it, lol.
  • Like 1