Merchant Accounts

Lumina

I am feeling very frustrated right now.  I have been using Squareup for 5 years and really happy with them.  I got a call from Optimal Bankcard.  It sounded really good.  The salesman was very smooth.. After giving them more information than I was really comfortable with I got an email asking for a copy of my business license and a product catalog.  Looking over the fine print it said I would need to send them copies of invoice and receipts of sales.  WHAT???  I sell at the farmers markets I don't usually give out receipts.  I called to cancel my FREE 30 day trial... what a bunch of hoops I had to go through to cancel something I didn't really want in the first place.  I am still not certain that is is all done with... ugh...

Thanks for letting me vent.

Cindy

Guest OldGlory

If they required that information, they should have asked before signing you up. I really hate back door opportunists.

Thanks for the warning!

I hear ya! Cancelled my bank merchant account because of all the headaches they kept causing. Coming up with new fees, increasing rates, monthly fees, then charging for a security package through a vendor of theirs that I was required to have. Enough is enough!

As soon as I get a new phone that takes square I'm signing up!

• Like 1

Boy, do we identify with you. Because of the personal visits and phone calls we have switched credit card companies six or eight times over the years; and always regretted it. They all lied. And like the previous poster changed fees and conditions. We switched to Square Register a year or so ago and have never looked back. They have changed nothing except for the better. We love the reposts we can get. Love them. We researched and found that the credit card industry is an unregulated industry, meaning they can do whatever they want. So, don't trust anything they say. Only trust what is in writing, which can change daily. Damn Democrats!@

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...