My pottery professor just shakes his head...

Those are BEAUTIFUL!! You NEED to get your own wheel TallTayl!!!  I would love to have some beautiful pottery pieces to make candles in. :)

aww thanks. Since that last post i picked up not one, but TWO wheels. My daughter likes to play on her wheel as i work on mine. Last session i played with mugs. Trying to find "my" style and handle fit. Am getting there-finally. Next, our own kiln!

I'll post mug shots soon. Will probably fill them with wax and sell as fund raisers this fall. Might as well raise some $ for local charities and get rid of a few extra pieces at the same time :D

• Like 2

aww thanks. Since that last post i picked up not one, but TWO wheels. My daughter likes to play on her wheel as i work on mine. Last session i played with mugs. Trying to find "my" style and handle fit. Am getting there-finally. Next, our own kiln!

I'll post mug shots soon. Will probably fill them with wax and sell as fund raisers this fall. Might as well raise some $ for local charities and get rid of a few extra pieces at the same time :D

SERIOUSLY!! I would love to have some pieces that would have the colors of the mountains and would you be able to do pottery pieces with a black bear motif of some type? I am thinking of a 16 to 24 oz bowl.  I think these would sell like crazy here in the Smokies! :) Are you thinking of selling? :)

• Like 1

SERIOUSLY!! I would love to have some pieces that would have the colors of the mountains and would you be able to do pottery pieces with a black bear motif of some type? I am thinking of a 16 to 24 oz bowl.  I think these would sell like crazy here in the Smokies! :) Are you thinking of selling? :)

What a great design idea! Bowls come in so many shapes. Do you have any examples of shapes you like?

I've been so focused on stuff that complements my ren line that i forget about other fun stuff :D

• Like 1

What a great design idea! Bowls come in so many shapes. Do you have any examples of shapes you like?

I've been so focused on stuff that complements my ren line that i forget about other fun stuff :D

I searched online for the pottery bowls that I did have THAT I LOVED!! I know it held about 16 or 18 oz of wax.  On one was a line of green trees around the top and below 2 or 3 brown moose spaced evenly around and on the other it was a line of green trees around the top and below was 2 or 3 black bear spaced evenly around ...oh my I just loved them and they sold SO doggone well especially at Christmas,  oh would I love to have another mess of that type of pottery to make candles in! I have done huge searches for these, but I will see if there is any way to find one or at least something extremely similar.:)

• Like 1

TallTayl,

The bowl was shaped like this with a small lip at the top

: Vita-V-Home-Noshi-Cup-M7748.jpg

BELOW IS THE EXACT MOOSE AND BEAR IMAGE THAT WAS ON THE BOWL. Looks rough on this but anything with a black bear or moose or elk would be awesome. I am game for anything pretty to add to my line. :)

$_57.JPG

I love the rich colors such as below and I love the colors that you have on your product.

forest-bear-pottery-dinnerware-4-pcs-3.g

• Like 1

Those are beautiful!

Yes they are, I just love this kind of stuff, do you have the tools/equipment/product to make me anything like this? Just asking...if too soon...that's fine. IF you are interested in doing and whenever you might be able to do me an order for several of these (or minimum request by you), please send me a PM with all info. I am extremely interested. Have an awesome day! :)  Now......out to the Candle Cave! :)

Edited by puma52

Let me carve out a little time between today and class day (Tues) to throw a few things and see if anything comes close to the form you like. The narrowing bottom on the one you uploaded a pic of makes it interesting to wick. :)

We are on week 3 of an 8 week cycle (meaning we don't get to glazing until week 8 so it will be a while before anything "final"). Until i find a kiln of my own i am stuck on a loooong schedule :)

Then, i'd like to send something to you to play with as i test the same on my end. I sure would love a few pieces like that to decorate around my house for Christmas time! A friend who lives in Idaho may like the moose/elk and of course the pine trees and bear.

Thanks for some inspiration :)

• Like 1

I agree with you Puma...I think pottery with the lodge, mountainy, animal scene would definitely sell.  I've been looking for years now for a potter who could make and sell wholesale a jar that I could pour in.  I want something very simple on the pottery to cut down costs from the potter when they are selling wholesale.  I would like just a silhouette of either a pine tree or pine cone on a natural or earthtone color or even a black rustic container would be gorgeous!    The thing is to be able to buy them cheap enough wholesale so there is a market for them.  And I would want a lid on the piece to hold in the scent and keep the wax clean.  I was thinking like the size of a utensil holder, but I'm open....

And shipping is another thing to consider when shipping pieces as pottery is heavy.  

See you could have 2 customers Tall Tayle....me and Puma so far! lol

Trappeur

• Like 2

I agree with you Puma...I think pottery with the lodge, mountainy, animal scene would definitely sell.  I've been looking for years now for a potter who could make and sell wholesale a jar that I could pour in.  I want something very simple on the pottery to cut down costs from the potter when they are selling wholesale.  I would like just a silhouette of either a pine tree or pine cone on a natural or earthtone color or even a black rustic container would be gorgeous!    The thing is to be able to buy them cheap enough wholesale so there is a market for them.  And I would want a lid on the piece to hold in the scent and keep the wax clean.  I was thinking like the size of a utensil holder, but I'm open....

And shipping is another thing to consider when shipping pieces as pottery is heavy.  

See you could have 2 customers Tall Tayle....me and Puma so far! lol

Trappeur

Oh I love the lid idea too Trappeur!! That would be icing on the cake for the purchaser. OK TallTayl...lid too pretty please and feel free to throw anything at all at us... yes pun intended! :)

I LOVE the idea that your daughter is also involved!!! Perhaps in the near future...there will be several of us here that can keep your pottery wheels and kilns a'cookin' ! :)

• 1 month later...

Here are a few i grabbed from my bisqued pile to freehand some animals on with underglaze. I made other forms for you based on the sample above, puma, but they were not fired yet.

Tomorrow I'll need to run back and dip these in clear glaze so they can be fired again for the final time. Excited to put some wax in them.

This next session is only 6 weeks. So i have a lot to do! Will be taking a glaze construction class along with the throwing so hopefully i can work up some new colors. I want my own dippable cobalt blue glaze soooo badly.

post-7851-0-14891300-1445991182_thumb.jp

post-7851-0-84421500-1445991202_thumb.jp

post-7851-0-70702000-1445991220_thumb.jp

• Like 1