On a roll -

Made the mold yesterday, made soap in it today, and I just finished weighing out and mixing up 25lbs or masterbatch oils! :) 

After I did that, I split it out in 7 of my soaping pitchers in 2lb oil increments (that's usually the size of my batches) 

So left in the 5 gallon bucket is roughly 14-15lbs of mixed oils (there was about 3-4lbs in the bucket when I started).

I've also cleaned up, and done a tad bit of inventory. And it's only a little after 12pm here. :) Plenty of time to do more, after lunch! HA

What does 25lbs of oils mixed up and then split out look like you ask? (No you really didn't but I'm in a show-off mood! LOL) 

Well, it looks like this! :D

(first pic is just the melted/mixed oils in the 5 gallon bucket - nothing exciting) 

post-200-0-59268700-1431195665_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-65075900-1431195685_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-99721300-1431195722_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

JCandle, do you make RTCP? Your pics look very "production line" ish, like you can just crank out batch after batch.

JCandle, do you make RTCP? Your pics look very "production line" ish, like you can just crank out batch after batch.

I do. I masterbatch my oils, and my lye at a 50% solution then add my extra water at soaping time. 

This is the first time I've made up 7 soap pails at a time though. Usually when I masterbatch my oils I only make up 1 or 2 pails at a time. However many I think I'm going to make that day/weekend. I decided to do more this time so if I feel like making soap after work, all I have to do is measure my lye and start soaping. 

This recipe will get slushy/hard so I don't have to worry too much about spillage if I need to move them around. Once they get to that stage, in a couple hours, I will cover them with some cling wrap so that no dust or anything gets down inside of it. 

Actually it gets to be a bit softer than 76° Coconut Oil. I just zap it in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds and it's liquid again. 

I have the same white pour handled pitcher bowl.  I just love it! Wish I had more. I love how easy they are to pour your batter out of. So now I am just waiting like the others to see what you are going to do with all that oil!!

• Like 1

I have the same white pour handled pitcher bowl.  I just love it! Wish I had more. I love how easy they are to pour your batter out of. So now I am just waiting like the others to see what you are going to do with all that oil!!

I grab a couple of these pitchers every time I'm in the dollar tree. I love that store for soapy supplies! :) 

I made a soap just now I'm getting ready to post with one of them. :)