Labels for waxmelts

wgregww

I find labels to be my biggest issue with bringing new scents to market, I like to trial new scents in the marketplace but this requires new labels. I am not that large, so to order new labels is a pain because you have to layout so much money if you want to get them at a decent price. I have tried printing my own but just am not happy with the quality. Can anyone else shed light on how they deal with labels?

I make my own with a color laser printer and the Avery name badge labels.  If you don't own a color laser you might be able to get by with an inkjet (but the ink gets costly).  I pd $249. for my printer and the

laser cartridges last me over a year, it's a HP CP1525nw.

I make my own with a color laser printer and the Avery name badge labels.  If you don't own a color laser you might be able to get by with an inkjet (but the ink gets costly).  I pd $249. for my printer and the

laser cartridges last me over a year, it's a HP CP1525nw.

You just have to be good at Photoshop unless you dont want any art work on the label. Otherwise I would buy one.

I'm another one who designs my own labels in photoshop and prints from home. I use online labels. My printer is an inkjet.  The ink is expensive but I take that into account when pricing my products.  I can't imagine having to order new labels every time I add a fragrance (which is often). Plus if I want to change them up, I just do it and I'm not really out money.  I have several different products and it's just easier to do the labels myself.

Hello Greg,

Now for the same reason of the question you asked I have the same problem.  I don't have a printer and therefore I don't print my own...I'd probably go nuts trying to figure it out...and I would probably have to take a class on how to make labels too....(well, that is just me)...But it's just like anything else, you have to practice.  Everyone has their own choice of how they create their labels or if they order from a printing company...etc.  For me, I somehow by accident found a company on the internet called Zazzle a few years back (it's like Vista Print) where you pick designs, modify them, and so on.  What I liked about this company (and this is for me) is that when I order, I can get 20 labels on a page and order just that amount.  Depending on the design, a 20 label page is anywhere from 4.95 a page to 5.95 a page but that is for a small label.....You can get the bigger labels  which are anywhere from 4 to 6 labels a page depending on the size too for the same page.  What I liked about Zazzle is that everyday they have sales and I can get the labels at 1/2 off.  This has worked exceptionally well for me and I just love this company.  I just couldn't afford to order such big quantities for just 1 fragrance.  What I liked about Zazzle over Vista Print was that the label designs are constantly changing by different artists every day and the styles are so refreshing.  With Vista they never change their designs and I see them all over town on peoples business cards.  Now I will say, it took me a while to navigate on Zazzle but now I really know how to move around very swiftly and I make changes to the designs that Zazzle doesn't show  you how but I figured out for myself.......

This is just how I do mine.

Trappeur

I use Printshop(for front labels), Word & Avery labels(for caution & pricing).  I am no good at photoshop nor a graphic artist.  You can produce a nice label at home

without paying a fortune.  If you want something that a graphic artist would produce you will have to pay the price unless you have those skills.  There are a few

companies out there that are cheaper but you basically have to use their site to design your own or upload your own design and they print it.