Amber jars reviews?

I have seen people make candles in amber colored jars which I love this color.  I see SKS Bottle carries them and they say they can be used for candles.  I am going to message them to see if they can take the heat of a candle.  They can be quite beautiful with a smashing label and I would love to try one of them.  The largest they make is a 9oz.  Does anyone have any reviews that they can post on these jars?  They have the plastic lids also.  I don't think that would be a problem or would it?  These are the ones I found there.

Thanks.  

Trappeur

4053-02newLRG%201_1.jpg

4057-12.jpg

4057-05LRG.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen those before in a men's line of candles. They would look smashing with your rustic lodge look. Actually, I think they would be gorgeous! I say go for it!

Re the plastic lids, I don't see a problem with them. They are black too so it would be hard for them to discolor even if they could absorb any scent or dye vapors. I've only had a problem with discoloration from clear plastic lid liners on my apothecary jars.

But when you call them ask about the inside of the lid. It may be white. Its possible that could discolor but again it depends on the type of liner. Some plastics discolor while others don't.

Edited by Candybee

Those would fit my brand so well - (my colors are browns, tans, and I use kraft labels) and they are so pretty!! I think it would fit yours as well. It would fit with the lodge look, but be a tad "upscale" as well. 

Please do post when you hear back. and I agree with CB, with the lid being black they shouldn't discolor. Even if the inside liner is white, and the do discolor, I don't think the general populace will care. 

Guest OldGlory

I really like these amber jars - not a big fan of the lids, but that's just me. With the right label I think they would be a big hit, and we know you make fabulous labels.